Back from Edge 8/14-21/21.

mlanders

It was our first post COVID cruise and could not have been more impressed with crew and staff on Edge.  The staff went above and beyond everywhere to make sure everyone had a great time and were safe.  Crew and staff had mask on at all times, they were cleaning things constantly.  They all seemed so happy to have guest back on board.  Their attitudes were amazing since they are not allowed off the ship at any time.  They have been completed isolated on board since the second cruise back.  Working and living on the ship 24/7 would be difficult for anyone.  The ship was only about 45% occupied so there was never a wait for meals at the dinning rooms, I had made reservations before the cruise but it was not necessary.  The food at all four of the MDRs was excellent. My favorite was Cyprus the Eden lunch was excellent also.  Oceanview was good, no different than any of the Buffets on ships. This ship is amazing, the art work and decor are very modern and contemporary.  The staterooms can be fully controlled with the phone app.  The silent disco and entertainment both production shows and guest entertainer's were excellent.  Captain Kate, with her scary cat "Bug", was a big hit.  She is very personable and represents Celebrity very well.  I would love to go back on tomorrow if I could.  I have posted to review.  The ports of call are definitely lacking.  Most of the shops at Crown Bay are closed, some of the shops at St Martin port were open, downtown was about 50-50.  It is very sad to see the ports closed, the September 2018 hurricane and Covid have been a 1:2 punch.   If anyone has any questions about the cruise let me know.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Was the Oceanview open for dinner or breakfast and lunch only?  Were the passengers taking it upon themselves to wear masks inside and maintaining social distance, or was it so capacity reduced that no one had to worry about it?  We're booked for November, so just wondering how it will be for us.

7 minutes ago, micheleg said:

Was the Oceanview open for dinner or breakfast and lunch only?  Were the passengers taking it upon themselves to wear masks inside and maintaining social distance, or was it so capacity reduced that no one had to worry about it?  We're booked for November, so just wondering how it will be for us.

Aug 1 Equinox, saw very few masked passengers, thankfully. 

The oceanview is open for all meals and late night, Closes at 1am for pizza. There were maybe 5% of guest wearing mask. The ship was not crowded so never that confined, had plenty of space. Elevators normally empty 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mlanders said:

It was our first post COVID cruise and could not have been more impressed with crew and staff on Edge.  The staff went above and beyond everywhere to make sure everyone had a great time and were safe.  Crew and staff had mask on at all times, they were cleaning things constantly.  They all seemed so happy to have guest back on board.  Their attitudes were amazing since they are not allowed off the ship at any time.  They have been completed isolated on board since the second cruise back.  Working and living on the ship 24/7 would be difficult for anyone.  The ship was only about 45% occupied so there was never a wait for meals at the dinning rooms, I had made reservations before the cruise but it was not necessary.  The food at all four of the MDRs was excellent. My favorite was Cyprus the Eden lunch was excellent also.  Oceanview was good, no different than any of the Buffets on ships. This ship is amazing, the art work and decor are very modern and contemporary.  The staterooms can be fully controlled with the phone app.  The silent disco and entertainment both production shows and guest entertainer's were excellent.  Captain Kate, with her scary cat "Bug", was a big hit.  She is very personable and represents Celebrity very well.  I would love to go back on tomorrow if I could.  I have posted to review.  The ports of call are definitely lacking.  Most of the shops at Crown Bay are closed, some of the shops at St Martin port were open, downtown was about 50-50.  It is very sad to see the ports closed, the September 2018 hurricane and Covid have been a 1:2 punch.   If anyone has any questions about the cruise let me know.  

we were on the same sailing......agree with everything that was stated here