All 7 nights of menus on Mardi Gras

KmomChicago

I've read many post about Cucina and Chibang being easily available  if you have YTD. We had to take early seating for main dining room. Since we can't reserve those did you notice if there is a waiting without reservation option?  Thanks

12 hours ago, sharon&family said:

We ate at Cucina one time and did not like it at all.  Everything we all tried had a weird taste to it.  Even the meatballs had a funny taste in the sauce.  We did not go back. If you order chicken parmesean, that is all you get on your plate.  Nothing with it. It might be ok for lunch.  We ate at Chibang on the last night and they had this chocolate cake that was my best desert the whole cruise.  It might have been flourless.  It tasted very similar to their chocolate melted cake but dryer.  I want to go back just for that.  We also ate in the buffet a lot.  We found that they had plenty of choices and found some good things to eat.  There were always about 6 different entres to choose from and several vegtables and a soup.  They had ribs, fried chicken, different seafood dishes, pastas, fried vegetables, mashed potatoes.  Everything was good.  I had been worried about the smaller buffet before I went but we were happy.

As it happens, I took photos of this Chibang! Chocolate cake of which you speak showing the moistness but not quite lava cake ooze. I liked it as well.

A791C64E-6E4F-40B9-9C12-0F3C615698CC.jpeg

3315A72D-5CAF-4B4E-8F47-CF11A8242604.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

I've read many post about Cucina and Chibang being easily available  if you have YTD. We had to take early seating for main dining room. Since we can't reserve those did you notice if there is a waiting without reservation option?  Thanks

I have seen several comments that they become available to set dining guests at 8:30 nightly, but considering they were often empty at 5:30 I think it’s worth walking up and asking. Did you take early dining to match travel companions or because it’s all that was available? Because sometimes you can change later as people cancel and so forth. Seems YTD is getting more popular all the time and it’s all I would ever choose anymore.

Edited by KmomChicago

14 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I have seen several comments that they become available to set dining guests at 8:30 nightly, but considering they were often empty at 5:30 I think it’s worth walking up and asking. Did you take early dining to match travel companions or because it’s all that was available? Because sometimes you can change later as people cancel and so forth. Seems YTD is getting more popular all the time and it’s all I would ever choose anymore.

I originally had YTD when I booked back in July for September. Ended up having to push out to Nov 13 sailing. When the travel agent rebooked it was for set time so I figured that was what was available. I was okay with it thinking the main dining room looked so much nicer than the YTD one, but didn't consider there could be a problem getting in Cucina or Chibang. 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, Djptcp said:

Thanks for posting the menus - now I'm starved. I noticed some past favorites and many new items. The Seafood Tower looks interesting.

We love the Cuchina and book it at least twice on our cruises. I disagree that the food tastes "weird" or "funny". It's so much better than a chain like Olive Garden that has really bland food. Oh well, food is always very subjective to personal tastes.

I love Olive Garden. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 4:50 AM, KmomChicago said:

We are not picky eaters at all, and we are usually fine with whatever they put in front of us - however, remember on this ship, at least for the current time and unspecified future, Cucina, Chibang! and Pig and Anchor Smokehouse are all included as nightly dinner options for those with YTD. 

Thank you Kmom! This is extremely helpful. Do you mind if I ask which itinerary this was for? I think sometimes they shuffle menus a bit if the sea days and elegant nights fall differently. For the 3 other included dinner options can you make reservations ahead of time or once aboard? TIA and have a great time on your Christmas cruise! 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, J&L~SetSail said:

I originally had YTD when I booked back in July for September. Ended up having to push out to Nov 13 sailing. When the travel agent rebooked it was for set time so I figured that was what was available. I was okay with it thinking the main dining room looked so much nicer than the YTD one, but didn't consider there could be a problem getting in Cucina or Chibang. 

Note that if you have set-time dining or YTD, you could be assigned to either the Palm OR the Flamingo Dining Room on the Mardi Gras.  I noticed they flip-flopped the assignments on our cruise, compared with the sailing before.   

So, for anyone taking the different MDRs into account, you could be slotted into either the Flamingo or the Palm no matter if you have YTD or set-time dining...and on the Mardi Gras in particular, it would be best to just opt for YTD.