Cruise 120 days out... reservations not available?

wally4ever

So I've been counting down the days to hitting that magic 120 day mark when I could make reservations at specialty restaurants (this is the first actual vacation I've taken in my working life, so I fully plan on planning all the details!) but today... instead of the previous message telling me to wait until August 24, it now says reservations not available, and "Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board."  Should I be afraid that they are about to cancel the cruise, or is this maybe just a glitch in the system?  Something else?

17 minutes ago, wally4ever said:

So I've been counting down the days to hitting that magic 120 day mark when I could make reservations at specialty restaurants (this is the first actual vacation I've taken in my working life, so I fully plan on planning all the details!) but today... instead of the previous message telling me to wait until August 24, it now says reservations not available, and "Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board."  Should I be afraid that they are about to cancel the cruise, or is this maybe just a glitch in the system?  Something else?

I personally think they will cancel.  I have a b2b on the Jade and its the same way.  I am also the Meet & Greet organizer for both cruises and I have had contact with the ship on setting up a M&G and cannot get a confirmed time or day for 130+ people and we leave on 11/15.

So sad 🙁

STeve

5 hours ago, wally4ever said:

Have you tried calling NCL to make your reservations? On Joy only Q is showing at all on MyNCL but I called and made reservations for Teppenyaki and Cagney's anyway 

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

Have you tried calling NCL to make your reservations? On Joy only Q is showing at all on MyNCL but I called and made reservations for Teppenyaki and Cagney's anyway 

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I personally think they will cancel.  I have a b2b on the Jade and its the same way.  I am also the Meet & Greet organizer for both cruises and I have had contact with the ship on setting up a M&G and cannot get a confirmed time or day for 130+ people and we leave on 11/15.

So sad 🙁

STeve

I am sailing on the Jade on September 12th. I was able to book some dining at 120 days but when I went back to finish it was unable to. My PCC said this was because they were only going to be taking bookings on board but my reservations will stand.  I am the organiser of meet and mingle for our cruise and received an email to say that they will contact me closer to sail time to organise if it was going to be allowed. The July 25th sailing it was arranged for the Wednesday and they were not contacted until right before they sailed with no confirmation until they were onboard. We are not holding high hopes so are having pre sail away drinks to say hi and discuss plans for any activities 

wally, I also am 120 days out today (are you on the same sailing as me? Joy leaving Miami the 23?) and I only saw one restaurant available to book online-which was Q, and I did. 

I jumped on the NCL agent chat, and she was very helpful with getting all 5 of the additional specialty dining reservations I wanted without me having to wait on hold on the phone. You may want to give that a try. 

12 hours ago, flaminog said:

wally, I also am 120 days out today (are you on the same sailing as me? Joy leaving Miami the 23?) and I only saw one restaurant available to book online-which was Q, and I did. 

I jumped on the NCL agent chat, and she was very helpful with getting all 5 of the additional specialty dining reservations I wanted without me having to wait on hold on the phone. You may want to give that a try. 

Thank you, I'll try that!  No to the Joy, I'm on the Getaway leaving the day before 🙂