EU to reimpose US travel restrictions?

rizello

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-25/eu-will-discuss-thursday-reimposing-travel-restrictions-on-u-s?fbclid=IwAR2gNUN-4crjgYs2Ygqo5a93oPnCHQhLe8xnVGDKIZi6C457HRUoJG-ci00

Thoughts on whether something will happen?  I am frankly surprised it has taken so long as the US rates are way higher than they are in Europe.  

The US considers most of Europe a Level 4, but for some reason, we don't want to classify ourselves (US)  as Level 4.  

I just got back and felt more at risk on the flights home that at anytime during the cruise.  In the US you don't have to be vaccinated to enter, and most of Europe requires it.  

• Like 3

Don't get me started.  While the US has been designating this or that country as orange or red and CC members are freaking out asking will Viking cancel, I think well...why doesn't the US declare itself red.  After all, the cases per 100,000 have been higher in the US then most countries.  End of rant.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Don't get me started.  While the US has been designating this or that country as orange or red and CC members are freaking out asking will Viking cancel, I think well...why doesn't the US declare itself red.  After all, the cases per 100,000 have been higher in the US then most countries.  End of rant.

Yes, sadly, our country (USA) started to surge when the CDC said everyone on the honor system (June 15) and then with Delta has really risen rapidly.   Hawaii is now the 7th worst state and their COVID cases graph has exploded - to the highest levels since last winter, when they were basically locked down.  If this continues, there might not be any cruises to Hawaii.