Cruise Next certificates question

disneykins

We were booked on Spirit in Jan/Feb 2021 for B2B Athens to Dubai to Cape Town. We gave 2 cruise next deposits on each cruise. We had to cancel before final payment because of Covid and moved everything to the Jade Nov/Dec 2021 for B2B Athens to Dubai to Cape Town. We are coming up on final payment and want to cancel that cruise (most of the ports are closed and Cape Town won't allow ships). We don't want to make the final payment (around $8,000) and have NCL cancel and give us an $8,000 FCC to use within a year. We want to cancel now and book 2 Caribbean cruises in March 2022. Can we transfer those cruise next certificates as deposits on the Caribbean cruises? They may have had expiry dates of 2021 (or even 2020) and were possibly extended.

Thanks,

Tony

28 minutes ago, robinbtigger said:

I have a question about using CN certificates.  Does the person with the CN certs in their account need to be the primary person on the reservation?

Nope, but it will likely require a phone call. I'm always the primary person on the reservation, but for whatever reason our CruiseNext certificates were on my husband's account. I was able to call and have them applied to our booking no problem. That said, when we subsequently decided to change our sailing, it took a bit longer and was more complicated because the certificates were refunded to his account (which took 48 hours) and not mine so we had to chase them down again.

2 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Nope, but it will likely require a phone call. I'm always the primary person on the reservation, but for whatever reason our CruiseNext certificates were on my husband's account. I was able to call and have them applied to our booking no problem. That said, when we subsequently decided to change our sailing, it took a bit longer and was more complicated because the certificates were refunded to his account (which took 48 hours) and not mine so we had to chase them down again.

Thank you!  

On 8/25/2021 at 3:41 PM, disneykins said:

and were possibly extended.

This may be a sticking point.  I believe they could only be extended once (a courtesy extension that was not assured to happen but was pretty much universally granted anyway), and then it had to be for a cruise you were booking to sail within a year of the original expiration.