Deck 8 or 9 for BF Category Balcony on Bliss?

aubreyc1988

So I am trying to decide which deck to be on for BF category on bliss, my options are

313646663_ScreenShot2021-08-25at3_21_26PM.png.e7a9acbe879a68d5618d71b7d58dd0cd.png

1808970008_ScreenShot2021-08-25at3_22_45PM.png.af6b50acd1e06db22d3da4371a510c72.png

1992685622_ScreenShot2021-08-25at3_26_04PM.png.4d0098ed4bacfb31266a136920f6e48e.png

While I am half deaf (have been since birth so no sob story here), I normally do not ask for a handicapped cabin as I function just fine and travel with someone who can wake me up in event of emergency since I really don't hear anything while I am asleep LOL. However, my cabinmate is a average sleeper, not super light or heavy, so trying to decide which deck would be best. 

We do like to do a lot of the activities on dec 6-7-8, which is why I was looking at a lower deck balcony 🙂 

Thoughts? 

I am in 8754 in about 100 days. I chose it because I like the outdoor seating on deck 8 outside the food republic. Plus I am guessing that that side will be quieter than the brew house side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

I vote for 8752.  We loved being close to the waterfront when we were on the Escape and Getaway and I believe the Bliss is very similar.   

WHat cabin did you have on Escape/Getaway? Was your cabin noisy? 

8130 on both  ships and never heard any noise.  Granted, we were further down, but my dad had a cabin closer to TDB and he had no complaints.   

In the morning, there is coffee and pastries available on the waterfront (both sides).  We always started our day there relaxing on the comfy chairs while we waited for our young adult children to be ready. 

• Like 1

If you are doing deck 9 I would pick 9732. We were on the Joy, Bliss sister ship, back in 2019 on deck 9 above Brewhouse and even when the bar was closed we could still hear the bass and vibrations from the sound system coming through the floor. We got them to finally turn down the bass after a couple of nights but if it wasn't for the drink package, probably wouldn't have slept 😀. I don't know what the sound would be like coming from Los Lobos, but if they leave their sound systems on over night, your cabin-mate will probably hear it, especially if they are a light sleeper. Other than that loved that ship and have a cruise in November booked on Bliss.

3 hours ago, Cinebrat said:

If you are doing deck 9 I would pick 9732. We were on the Joy, Bliss sister ship, back in 2019 on deck 9 above Brewhouse and even when the bar was closed we could still hear the bass and vibrations from the sound system coming through the floor. We got them to finally turn down the bass after a couple of nights but if it wasn't for the drink package, probably wouldn't have slept 😀. I don't know what the sound would be like coming from Los Lobos, but if they leave their sound systems on over night, your cabin-mate will probably hear it, especially if they are a light sleeper. Other than that loved that ship and have a cruise in November booked on Bliss.

what do you think about 9848? TA I found has this room available.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:30 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

We do like to do a lot of the activities on dec 6-7-8, which is why I was looking at a lower deck balcony 🙂 

Thoughts? 

Just as a consideration for your cabinmate, the room on Deck 8 is over the entrance to the Theater below. When there are shows in the theater, you may get some sound bleed or deep bass vibrations. Not bad for evening shows (unless you go to sleep really early), but may be problematic if they are rehearsing a show during the day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just as a consideration for your cabinmate, the room on Deck 8 is over the entrance to the Theater below. When there are shows in the theater, you may get some sound bleed or deep bass vibrations. Not bad for evening shows (unless you go to sleep really early), but may be problematic if they are rehearsing a show during the day. 

Hmm, yeah might be not the best. Now that my TA says Deck 9 9848 is available, I'm thinking of doing this one because it doesn't connect 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:15 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

what do you think about 9848? TA I found has this room available.

For us since we were over the Brew Pub it was the bass from the ambient music in the ceiling speakers that bothered me more than anything. My wife sleeps through everything but I'm bass sensitive so had issues until I got them to turn down the bass. 9848 looks to be over the photo gallery or shops so they probably won't have the same type of music that plays in the Pub but I know for our future cruises I am always looking for rooms above and below to mitigate that issue. Someone else on these boards that stayed mid-ship deck 9 on either the Bliss or Joy might have a better answer. Again we had a fantastic time and it was nice to only be able to go down one deck to grab a drink at the Pub but on our cruise this November on Bliss I booked deck 10 so now I'll get a little more exercise going down 2 decks to drinks😀