Wheelchair rental Miami Port

Barba21885

I sail on the Sunrise on Sept 25 and learned from my last cruise two weeks ago I will need a wheelchair in Nassau.  Has anyone rented from Carnival's preferred vendor scootaround.com and if they deliver directly to the port or the cabin and how that went for you.

In the past, they’ve delivered either to the pier or your cabin. I’m not sure the status with Covid-19- the ship may want to restrict access. At the end of the cruise, you leave it where you picked it up. Getting it ashore means you have it all the way through boarding, which can be an advantage.

Be forewarned: Downtown Nassau is not wheels-friendly. Jitneys/cabs may or may not be interested or capable of accommodating your chair.

Safe travels!

1 hour ago, FOPMan said:

In the past, they’ve delivered either to the pier or your cabin. I’m not sure the status with Covid-19- the ship may want to restrict access. At the end of the cruise, you leave it where you picked it up. Getting it ashore means you have it all the way through boarding, which can be an advantage.

Be forewarned: Downtown Nassau is not wheels-friendly. Jitneys/cabs may or may not be interested or capable of accommodating your chair.

Safe travels!

I was just in Nassau this month.  They have torn down the previous check in point and the walk from the ship to the point of entry is at least 2 football fields with no where to sit or rest.  This time I am going to be smart and have a wheelchair to get to that point and can push it myself once I am there.  Have taken a transport wheelchair before and never had a problem with finding a taxi to take it but will probably stay in the shops area anyway.  There aren't many shops open and the straw market is gone but I am taking my sister on this cruise and it will be her first time to see Nassau.  Thanks so much for the suggestions and response!!!!!

10 hours ago, Barba21885 said:

I sail on the Sunrise on Sept 25 and learned from my last cruise two weeks ago I will need a wheelchair in Nassau.  Has anyone rented from Carnival's preferred vendor scootaround.com and if they deliver directly to the port or the cabin and how that went for you.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest posting this on the Carnival forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/133-carnival-cruise-lines/

You might also ask about the specific vendor on the Disabled Cruise Travel forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/.  I just did a Search on scootaround on that board that returned lots of responses.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

I have rented a scooter from Scootaround for my cruise in October.  I was informed that Carnival will not allow them to deliver to cabins due to Covid.  Pick up is now at the terminal near wheelchair assistance.