Vaccinations now required

amunhbuu

Just got an email:

Please be informed that Atlas Ocean Voyages is requiring proof of Covid vaccination from all guests, beginning with World Navigator’s October 4, 2021, voyage. We are adjusting our mandatory vaccination requirement in order to meet the ever-changing local destinations’ Covid protocols and best ensure an uninterrupted and safe guest experience.

We request all guests to upload into MyAtlas, in advance, a valid certificate detailing that you have completed your vaccination at least 14 days prior to embarkation. You can access MyAtlas via www.AtlasOceanVoyages.com under the Booked Guests tab or click here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

Just got an email:

Please be informed that Atlas Ocean Voyages is requiring proof of Covid vaccination from all guests, beginning with World Navigator’s October 4, 2021, voyage. We are adjusting our mandatory vaccination requirement in order to meet the ever-changing local destinations’ Covid protocols and best ensure an uninterrupted and safe guest experience.

We request all guests to upload into MyAtlas, in advance, a valid certificate detailing that you have completed your vaccination at least 14 days prior to embarkation. You can access MyAtlas via www.AtlasOceanVoyages.com under the Booked Guests tab or click here.

Guess what? I just went to MyAtlas and there is no place to upload the CDC certificate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keokukjoe said:

Guess what? I just went to MyAtlas and there is no place to upload the CDC certificate!

Yeah, my wife tried it right away and said the form was broken.  😄

And then it reset other information again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

Yeah, my wife tried it right away and said the form was broken.  😄

And then it reset other information again.

Now can upload the certificates but some of the original entries are now blank and needed to be re-entered. I'm afraid that Atlas is still not  ready for "Prime Time" but am grateful that they are now requiring immunizations. 

• Like 2

I just went into My Atlas to see the vaccine form and noticed that 1/2 of our beverage choices were deleted. They have limited the choices available in room beverages. There was a whole list of beer , now there is Bud or Luffe…2 choices. And no champagne for me !

is anyone else on the Sept 6th sailing out of Athens ??

1 hour ago, Cybele 727 said:

I just went into My Atlas to see the vaccine form and noticed that 1/2 of our beverage choices were deleted. They have limited the choices available in room beverages. There was a whole list of beer , now there is Bud or Luffe…2 choices. And no champagne for me !

Besides removing most of the alcohol choices, the fruit basket options and pillow menu now gone. No biggie. 

1 hour ago, Cybele 727 said:

That happened last week sometime.  I had filled all of my options out and then my wife tried hers a couple of days and the options were all gone.  Did a bunch of research on the options and all gone!  😄

2 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

Besides removing most of the alcohol choices, the fruit basket options and pillow menu now gone. No biggie. 

Docs just arrived they are Gorgeous and I’m hoping that the ship will overdeliver but I have to say the My Atlas interface has been a bit disappointing as it relates to recording preferences.  Anxious to see how the onboard staff delivers  on the newly limited choices. I’m pulling for them. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 5:12 PM, jwsfun said:

Docs just arrived they are Gorgeous and I’m hoping that the ship will overdeliver but I have to say the My Atlas interface has been a bit disappointing as it relates to recording preferences.  Anxious to see how the onboard staff delivers  on the newly limited choices. I’m pulling for them. 

On the Aug13th cruise none of the MyAtlas requests were in our mini bar. Just sodas and some Bud Lights. We would just run to the closest lounge and get what we wanted. I also heard others say they would call and request drinks and they would bring them to the room. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am finally catching up on my CC reading.

While somewhat irritating as it is yet one more Atlas cutback, in all fairness it makes more sense to me to not have the in room bar.  While a nice sounding touch, it is ultimately pretty wasteful.  At least I would think so.  We had that once on an Oceania cruise, (they gave us 4 bottles and replenished or added anything else when requested), and found that we ended up with leftovers in various bottles even though we had done some entertaining in our room with other passengers and didn't get carried away ordering more. So we were giving out our partially used bottles since they should toss whatever is left.  At least I sure hope they do that.

I do however think for a company to advertise themselves so highly this has become a very limited selection.  I agree - what about a champagne or prosecco?  Again given the Portuguese connection what about a port?  The port makes sense to me not just because I like port, but it would be a nice special something to enjoy after dinner in our room, perhaps sitting on the veranda and reminiscing about what a wonderful day we had.  I can see it already!  Hopefully they at least offer one from the bar which we can have brought to our room.  We will know in just over 3 weeks.   

38 minutes ago, andiamo76 said:

While somewhat irritating as it is yet one more Atlas cutback, in all fairness it makes more sense to me to not have the in room bar.  While a nice sounding touch, it is ultimately pretty wasteful.

Atlas is completely positioning themselves as "luxury" or "luxe adventure."  Sometimes luxury is wasteful, but will they correct their advertising and refund a chunk of the price based on cheapening the experience?   "All fairness" would require that fair fare adjustment.

I completely understand.  I predict though that these prices are merely the teaser introductory prices to hook people in before they raise prices considerably.  They have quite a ways to go to hopefully improve their customer service and basic organizational issues, which is also a large part of marketing oneself as part of the "luxury" crowd.  But then again as my husband has often said, "there are businesses that survive in spite of themselves".