P&O Australia will require all passengers to be fully vaccinated

From P&O Australia Facebook page:

Hi everyone, P&O Cruises Australia’s President Sture Myrmell has an update on our re-start plans and our approach to onboard vaccination:
As the national vaccination rollout gathers pace offering the prospect of greater freedom, I know many guests want to know the approach P&O plans to take.
We also know there is strong sentiment that many would prefer that guests and crew were fully vaccinated when they cruise with us.
With this sentiment and other factors in mind, when our ships return to service, our intention is to re-start with voyages for guests and crew who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Our onboard vaccination approach confirms our absolute commitment to the health and well-being of guests and crew, based on the highest public health standards.
The approach also serves to align the restart of cruising with the Australian Government’s moves to reduce travel and other restrictions once sufficient numbers of eligible Australians have been fully vaccinated.
And, very importantly, it enables our guests to join us in doing everything we can to protect the communities and destinations that welcome our ships so enthusiastically.
As the pathway to P&O’s re-start becomes clearer, I will update you with further information.
I feel strongly that today’s announcement is in keeping with P&O’s 90-year heritage of leadership in sailing from Australia as the nation’s own cruise line.
As always, I thank you for your support.
Sture

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...