Spending your OBC ?

SAKay

10 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

...Nothing close to your $3375 but we are happy with what we got for the cruise in Nov.

Yeah... that $3375 was outrageous.  Never seen anything like it before and probably won't again.  A lot of it had to do with the pandemic...Every time we had to move the dates forward, someone seemed to add OBC.  We upgraded the cabin a couple of times and they probably should have just given us the exact new deal each time...but, since we were moving from an existing booking which had OBC, they honored that AND added the new OBC.  IOW, we got lucky...

• Like 1

Lol can you buy a cruise with OBC?  Could be the next big thread. Ya never know 😉.  I'm here in Seattle beautiful place.  Not the best start to my vacation as I had to switch to a later flight.  going to pike place market tomorrow. 

Edited by trey420

12 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Yeah... that $3375 was outrageous.  Never seen anything like it before and probably won't again.  A lot of it had to do with the pandemic...Every time we had to move the dates forward, someone seemed to add OBC.  We upgraded the cabin a couple of times and they probably should have just given us the exact new deal each time...but, since we were moving from an existing booking which had OBC, they honored that AND added the new OBC.  IOW, we got lucky...

One thing I noticed on Celebrity, at least before Covid, is that you could cash out your refundable OBC at the purser's instead of waiting to be mailed a check.

5 hours ago, trey420 said:

Lol can you buy a cruise with OBC?  Could be the next big thread. Ya never know 😉.  I'm here in Seattle beautiful place.  Not the best start to my vacation as I had to switch to a later flight.  going to pike place market tomorrow. 

I doubt it, since you can't even upgrade with OBC, at least on most lines. I don't think I have asked with Princess, but since you can't use it to buy FCD's when you're onboard I am guessing not.