email about scheduling boarding day PCR

My traveling party is all vaccinated adults. I received an email to schedule boarding day PCRs. It says not to request a time if you are vaccinated but then it goes on to say the guest below (me!) is aged 2-11 and unvaccinated. 

Do I need to do anything to remind them I'm a vaccinated adult? I'm a long-standing customer, have a crown and anchor account, they should have my demographic info, plus I'm all checked in. 

I totally get how people can be confused. I just don't want to have any problems at the pier.

3 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

My traveling party is all vaccinated adults. I received an email to schedule boarding day PCRs. It says not to request a time if you are vaccinated but then it goes on to say the guest below (me!) is aged 2-11 and unvaccinated. 

Do I need to do anything to remind them I'm a vaccinated adult? I'm a long-standing customer, have a crown and anchor account, they should have my demographic info, plus I'm all checked in. 

I totally get how people can be confused. I just don't want to have any problems at the pier.

You will need to do the test 3 days prior to boarding. ROYAL won't do it at the pier.

This is required even if vaccinated 

For now

I got it too and just deleted it because it didnt apply to me.   I think its just mass sent to everyone.  Several in our roll call were asking about it.    They did at least say that this mandatory test for children 2-11 is in addition to another test that must be taken within 3 days before the cruise. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

You will need to do the test 3 days prior to boarding. ROYAL won't do it at the pier.

In my mind, I was thinking that since testing was already being done at the pier for children, they could at least accommodate those who didn't get their results back in time or had other issues.   i can certainly see how word could get out and that could be abused though.     

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Why not bring your vaccination card?  (we're going to)  I figure better safe than sorry.

You have to bring your vaccination card (for nearly all ports these days).  And a test.

These emails are very confusing.

Edited by AustinCruise

4 minutes ago, ryano said:

In my mind, I was thinking that since testing was already being done at the pier for children, they could at least accommodate those who didn't get their results back in time or had other issues.   i can certainly see how word could get out and that could be abused though.     

Not my Circus, not my Monkey 

I do understand NCL is testing at pier

• Like 1

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have the Abbott virtual tests in hand already and have rapid antigen tests scheduled within the 3 day window. We are flying from the east coast to Seattle so I didn't want to chance getting PCR results back and potentially being stuck in Seattle.

And we are all fully vaccinated with cards, and ready to wear our masks. Just call me Compliance Queen or Lady Logistics.

I just wanted to make sure we aren't on a list of 2-11 year olds that no passport with a touch of grey could undo.

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

I just wanted to make sure we aren't on a list of 2-11 year olds that no passport with a touch of grey could undo.

We got the same emails- one for an actual child and one for an adult in the party- I called and was assured that the adult just needs to show his negative Covid test and his vaccine card at checkin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

We got the same emails- one for an actual child and one for an adult in the party- I called and was assured that the adult just needs to show his negative Covid test and his vaccine card at checkin.

Thank you. I know it seems obvious but I just wanted to make sure given all the difficulties lately.

8 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have the Abbott virtual tests in hand already and have rapid antigen tests scheduled within the 3 day window. We are flying from the east coast to Seattle so I didn't want to chance getting PCR results back and potentially being stuck in Seattle.

And we are all fully vaccinated with cards, and ready to wear our masks. Just call me Compliance Queen or Lady Logistics.

We have no children on this trip and got the same poorly worded email (4 times) on this trip.  One would think (hope?) they could do better.

But, I appreciate and agree with John&LaLa's comment about monkeys...

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Is this for Adventure?

If so yes, everyone gets the boarding day test email, even though it only applies to unvaccinated people and only needs actioned for the unvaccinated people.

This is for Ovation to Alaska out of Seattle Sept 10th.

4 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Looks like Ovation is the same as Adventure

"

• On boarding day, kids will take a complimentary rapid PCR test during check-in at the terminal. We’ll send registration details via email before departure.

So ignore it for you, register your kids.

2 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Im on the same cruise, hopefully.   Its me (51) and was gonna be my mom, who can't make it,  who is 78. We both got the email lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruiser1976 said:

How far in advance of sailing is the email sent to register unvaccinated for the testing at the pier? We have 2 children travelling with us.

Thanks

I received today, 14 days prior to departure.