Capacity though September 2021

2 hours ago, 018041 said:

C an someone with the ability (and time) 🙂 please post the availability on the Encore 9/11 cruise to try and determine capacity. Thanks in advance!

I am definitely not going to make a habit of doing this for people, because it's pretty time consuming, but I was a little curious myself to see if capacity is increasing at th3 30 day mark, as stated. There are currently at least 600 rooms left on the Encore for 9/11. I say "at least", because the site I use shows a maximum of 100 available rooms per category and there are currently two categories with at least 100 rooms left: BA and BB. Assuming double occupancy, that's 1200 passengers, which is 30% of the Encore's capacity of 3998. So it looks like it will sail at 70% capacity, just as Del Rio promised at 30 days after returning.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m sailing on the Encore on 9/11 and when booking I specifically asked if they were sailing at 100% capacity. They said no, that it would be anywhere from 60 to 70% max. Although we all know that customer service isn’t always the most reliable source. 

One interesting thing I noticed too. At one point the 9/4 sailing was showing as sold out except for the Haven and then one day a TON of rooms opened up. I find it highly unlikely that hundreds of people cancelled over night so I suspect that they increased their capacity limits and opened up more rooms. 

9 hours ago, Missholls9 said:

I’m sailing on the Encore on 9/11 and when booking I specifically asked if they were sailing at 100% capacity. They said no, that it would be anywhere from 60 to 70% max. Although we all know that customer service isn’t always the most reliable source. 

One interesting thing I noticed too. At one point the 9/4 sailing was showing as sold out except for the Haven and then one day a TON of rooms opened up. I find it highly unlikely that hundreds of people cancelled over night so I suspect that they increased their capacity limits and opened up more rooms. 

When it comes to room availability, they seem to make all open rooms available until they hit their desired capacity percentage, then shut the whole thing down again. It doesn't seem like they are taking the approach of only making 60-70% of rooms available in the first place. They make 100% available and then when they reach their capacity, they flag everything as sold out.