Ballroom dancing allowed?

yesididit

21 minutes ago, kentishfred said:

Dancing is one of the most important elements to our cruise enjoyments so it will be a big dampener if we cannot dance . 

Lease see posts #18 - #19  on The "Britannia Now " thread  :classic_smile:

Good morning.

Further to the discussion regarding sending emails to Mr Palethorpe please find the reply from his executive assistant in response to my email. Nice to actually get a reply from P & O but smacks of a standard reply. Anybody else, Two 2 Tango perhaps, had a similar or same reply.

Dear Mr Thompson

I write to confirm that your email to Simon Palethorpe has been received and your comments noted.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you've experienced in trying to contact us. We are working to resolve this situation as soon as is possible.

Thank you for taking the time to write. A member of the team will investigate the points you have raised and will come back to you in due course.

Kind regards

Betty

Betty Taylor | Executive Assistant to:
Simon Palethorpe | President, Carnival UK
Lee Powell | Vice President, Brand & Product Development, Cunard

Email: betty.taylor@carnivalukgroup.com | Web: cunard.co.uk | pocruises.com
Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1ST

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Simon Palethorpe, President at Carnival UK. Mr Palethorpe has read your comments and asked our team to respond to you. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding. 

I do appreciate the concerns you have raised regarding ballroom dancing on board. This query has been raised with our Entertainment Team and I can confirm ballroom dancing will be available for guests during their cruise holiday. 

I am sorry for any concern caused and I do hope the above information provides some reassurance to you. 

Kind Regards 

Emily Cole 
Guest Support Representative 
Office of Simon Palethorpe, President, Carnival UK and Cunard 
Office of Paul Ludlow, President, P&O Cruises 

🙂 great news today

• Like 1

Please find below a further reply from P & O

Thank you for your email and I am sincerely sorry that you have had the need to contact us in regards to the issue you describe below.  I completely understand your upset and frustration, as dancing is such a pivotal part of enjoyment whilst onboard for many of our guests and the last thing we would wish would be to hinder your enjoyment.

Please rest assured that there will always be a dance host to hand so that you are able to enjoy the dance floor at your convenience and leisure.

If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Warmest regards

Natasha
Email: executive.correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com
Web: www.pocruises.com | www.cunard.com
Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1ST

A very non committal reply. I have asked for further clarification on her comments. It is also interesting that I have now sent two emails to Betty Taylor (see above) and both have bounced back. Looks like they are not interested in engaging in any dialogue whatsoever.

• 5 months later...

Hi All

we are about to join the cruise family again,( for some reason we haven’t bothered for 2 years) but we do not know who to 

believe regarding restrictions.

we are avid ballroom dancers, so that’s what we want to do. But I have

a feeling we are not being told the truth.

can you guys, who have stuck their toe in the water give us the low down.

We fancied The Britannia, as it has a reasonable size ballroom, but I don’t want to pay that amount out to find ourselves sitting on our thumbs as PO have stopped Dancing.

So any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Tom 

4 hours ago, Flynnfish said:

Hi All

we are about to join the cruise family again,( for some reason we haven’t bothered for 2 years) but we do not know who to 

believe regarding restrictions.

we are avid ballroom dancers, so that’s what we want to do. But I have

a feeling we are not being told the truth.

can you guys, who have stuck their toe in the water give us the low down.

We fancied The Britannia, as it has a reasonable size ballroom, but I don’t want to pay that amount out to find ourselves sitting on our thumbs as PO have stopped Dancing.

So any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Tom 

When are you planning to cruise ? 

No one really knows what policies will be in force over the near future.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, zap99 said:

If I was ballroom dancing P&O would have to pay compensation for all the damaged toes.🤣

reminds me of the first cruise i went on as a Solo Passenger, went to meeting sitting in alcove with others when a lady behind complained there was not enough Solo Males to dance with at ballroom dancing so i started to slide down couch to hide and a Lady across from me was in hysterics laughing at me. At least it broke the ice. 🙂

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, zap99 said:

If I was ballroom dancing P&O would have to pay compensation for all the damaged toes.🤣

reminds me of the first cruise i went on as a Solo Passenger, went to meeting sitting in alcove with others when a lady behind complained there was not enough Solo Males to dance with at ballroom dancing so i started to slide down couch to hide and a Lady across from me was in hysterics laughing at me. At least it broke the ice. 🙂 Don't need to worry now since i now have a Prosthetic Leg, who i there right mind would want to dance with a Strange One Legged Scotsman.? 😆

On Azura over Christmas and New Year, there were dance classes on virtually every day but in the evenings people were banned from dancing. Worse, in the theatre, there was a karaoke competition but competitors had to wear a mask and face away from the audience. You couldn’t make it up (which I haven’t). Go on Cunard

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, pennib said:

On Azura over Christmas and New Year, there were dance classes on virtually every day but in the evenings people were banned from dancing. Worse, in the theatre, there was a karaoke competition but competitors had to wear a mask and face away from the audience. You couldn’t make it up (which I haven’t). Go on Cunard

Sometimes idiocy triumphs !

• Like 1