Dining Apparel 1st Time MSC cruiser

jigger

OP,  Are you sailing from the US?  How soon?

At the moment there are few or no non-US passengers sailing here; however, if and when there are, we find that evening dress levels go up a lot when there are Europeans, British, and South Americans onboard.  I don't think I saw anyone in jeans when we were aboard Seaside.  Casual collared shirts, but dress shirts and jackets as well.

Shorts are fine in buffet at lunch and breakfast.

I’ve only sailed MSC one time in the Mediterranean on Divina in 2019 and most evenings I was overdressed in the MDR.

I like to dress nicely and don’t consider what I wear to be fancy by any means but I definitely felt out of place on that cruise as far as attire went.

I was surprised how casual most passengers dressed and as Americans we were definitely in the minority as most people were European. 

I’m sailing Divina again in November out of FL and plan to dress as I always do…nice. 

I guess the point I’m trying to make is if you like to dress up then do it if you don’t then don’t. 

I didn’t see anyone turned away because of what they were or weren’t wearing. 

Cruising is different now. 30 yrs ago most people dressed for dinner (but I see the same on land as well.)😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1