No smart phone.

hollyjess

My aunt and uncle are going on a cruise in november on Ventura. They are not tech savvy and do not have a smart phone. Can anyone who is in similar position please put their mind at rest with regards to checking in theatre and dining. Any help will be very much appreciated.

You may check in at Southampton without a Smart Phone you just need the correct documentation same on board phone reception to sort stuff out.  Travel Insurance documents are needed as well as vaccination status certificate.  NHS will post a certificate to you but it needs to be requested on line a few weeks prior to needing the document. The chit they give you at vaccination centres is not acceptable.

Regards John

On 9/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, jeanlyon said:

So I am guessing those without Smart phones or internet access, don't need to check in online and provide a photo?

I think the old school system is still in place as a fall back measure.  In the technical sense it is possible to just turn up with a passport and tell them you are booked on the voyage although these days vaccinations and travel insurance certificates are needed.

Regards John