Updated drink package information

potchak

On 3/28/2022 at 8:59 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Once again - why does HAL make all this so complicated and difficult and why are they seemingly unable to get all of their staff to follow one set of protocols?  Never mind the fact that they are the ONLY mainstream line to count non-alcoholic beverages towards a daily limit.  Sister lines Princess and Carnival - 15 alcoholic, unlimited non-alcoholic.  Celebrity, Royal, NCL no limit on # of drinks per day whether alcoholic or non-alcoholic.  HAL is non-competitive as a result of bad and inconsistent policies/procedures.

I love the HAL product but WILL NOT sail with them again until they fix this issue.

I am with you, the HAL drink packages are ridiculous compared to other lines. We have one more HAL cruise (booked to use up FCC) this year and we are done with them. Celebrity has become our new favorite cruise line for many reasons, biggest being all we get by booking a Sky Suite vs suites on HAL The Celebrity Premium Drinks package includes unlimited drinks and premium bottled water like Evian. The HAL product has a long way to go to compete with Celebrity. My TA just returned from a company cruise on the new Rotterdam, her first on a HAL ship, and he comments comparing HAL to Celebrity were really eye opening. She said the Rotterdam was a beautiful ship as nice as Celebrity E Class, but the food and service in the MDR was not even close to Celebrity and that she would choose Celebrity over HAL for similar itineraries.

For anyone who has been able to upgrade to the elite from the package that comes with the have it all promotion….:what kind of cost was it onboard to make the switch?  

We will blow 15 drinks on the sea days out of the water.  

Call me crazy but we book because we like to cruise, I don't think I would ever book a cruise based on their beverage package. That being said we have always received the SBP as a perk at no cost, we add a soda card for a very reasonable price before boarding as we prefer a soda with dinner and it just takes the worry out of counting drinks. My DH and myself tried to do the 15 drink limit while on last cruise, we chose a sea day and didn't have any 0 proof drinks...I was unable to drink my ordered 12th drink. and DH husband had his 15th drink in hand when he stumbled while walking into cabin and lost it. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, dominicr said:

For anyone who has been able to upgrade to the elite from the package that comes with the have it all promotion….:what kind of cost was it onboard to make the switch?  

We will blow 15 drinks on the sea days out of the water.  

Is it possible to upgrade from the SBP that comes with the Have it All Promo ? And how does one do that ? Onboard or before sailing?

7 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Oh, trust me, you paid for that 'perk'..

True we pay a higher cost for the “promo” package but when you add it up the cost per person we are paying is still way less than if we paid for each item on its own. Which we would have bought if we didn’t get the package.  Nothing is free is a belief of mine, but that wasn’t the point to my post. Was just trying to lighten the post with our story.

• Like 2