QM2 stateroom selection

jimbo1683

Hi. I am looking to book our first transatlantic crossing for early 2023 on QM2. I plan to book a Princess Grill suite, however  depending on which staterooms are available I may choose to upgrade to Queens Grill. My problem though is that I don't seem to be able to see cabins until after paying. So my questions are 1. Is there a way to see availability before paying? 2. If I pay and don't see a room I want, is it possible to upgrade?

It is possible to see a limited amount of stateroom availability on the Cunard website provided you choose a fare that allows you to select a stateroom. But that could be easier said than done.

When I start a booking on the Cunard US website, many voyages are currently only offering a fare called "Our Lowest Fare" which does not allow you to select a stateroom. That fare only allows you to make a "guarantee" booking where Cunard selects a stateroom for you.

You won't be able to see stateroom availability on the Cunard website unless the voyage you are interested in allows to choose a fare such as the "Cunard Fare". In that case, the Cunard website will select a stateroom for you. Then the "Change your room" functionality allows you to see some stateroom availability.

The catch is the Cunard website will only show you availability in the same section of the ship as the stateroom it originally selected for you. This is a significant bug with the Cunard website which has been going on for far too long now.

My advice is to look for another cruise booking website which will do a much better job of showing stateroom availability for you. There are several such sites but the rules of this forum do not allow us to suggest other cruise booking / travel agent websites.