Covid: EU recommends new travel restrictions for US as cases rise

Alcairns

We are trying to sort through this at the moment - we have a cruise deposit on Princess for February in the Caribbean and have already paid for our flights to Miami (if we don’t fly we can get a credit but think it has to be used by end 2022 - need to look into it further).  

Our other issue is we have another cruise booked and paid for to Canaries in October and we are having problems understanding testing issues - tests before / after etc with travelling between islands due to amber coding and time difference     being over 72 hours arriving back into uk.

Has anyone come across this yet and have any answers been forthcoming- if you have I’d love to hear your comments.

thanks 

Gill 

1 hour ago, beryl patricia said:

We are trying to sort through this at the moment - we have a cruise deposit on Princess for February in the Caribbean and have already paid for our flights to Miami (if we don’t fly we can get a credit but think it has to be used by end 2022 - need to look into it further).  

Our other issue is we have another cruise booked and paid for to Canaries in October and we are having problems understanding testing issues - tests before / after etc with travelling between islands due to amber coding and time difference     being over 72 hours arriving back into uk.

Has anyone come across this yet and have any answers been forthcoming- if you have I’d love to hear your comments.

thanks 

Gill 

At present, you do not need to be tested for travel to the Canaries, but Princess are testing all pax at Southampton anyway. You will probably need to complete the Spanish online health form, but this is unclear.

Princess have already said that they will carry out onboard the tests required before returning to the UK, but I assume it will be your responsibility to have pre-ordered the Day 2 tests, as you need the reference numbers for the UK Passenger Locator on line document.

But, everything is still unclear - hopefully matters will be resolved in the next few weeks, prior to European cruises restarting at the end of September.  

• Like 1

Starting to see countries respond to the EU recommendation.

Italy now requires test prior to arrival, for all travelers (vaccinated and unvaccinated).  In addition unvaccinated travelers need to quarantine.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/italy-applies-eus-recommendation-imposes-strict-travel-restrictions-on-us-visitors/

Italy, being the first country to follow suit from the EU, now obliges all US travellers and those who have stayed there in the past 14 days to provide a PCR or antigen test result taken within 72 hours before reaching Italy and complete the digital passenger locator form, regardless of their vaccination status, SchengenVisaInfo.com reports.

In addition, unvaccinated travellers must undergo a quarantine requirement for five days upon arrival and perform another test by the end of the self-isolation period. Children under the age of six are exempted from the testing requirement.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 2:44 AM, beryl patricia said:

thanks 

Gill 

I sympathize with you.  We were booked on United Airlines for international travel May 2020; initially had a credit good for one year; that got extended till March 31, 2022.   At this point I doubt we will be able to use because countries still closed, not optimistic things will change with variants in next 7 months.  You may be more lucky than we have been, if airline carrier do similar 2 year extensions.  I wish you a good outcome.  

• 4 weeks later...