Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 11/29/2021 at 9:45 PM, Juncti said:

We do too, definitely drink more than at any other time in our lives but when you have servers around and essentially an open bar it's easy to just keep them flowing.

She has her eyes on that champagne that's like $35 a glass, I think she can drink enough to justify the upgrade on her own and anything I find will just be lagniappe 

I upgraded last month, the $35 champagne and especially the pick champagne was wonderful, when getting it at restaurants they bring the bottle -just make sure you check the bill and your cabin account frequently do not have incorrect charges applied as I did. 

It was easy to correct errors onboard but forgot on the last day and I had a $146.50 charge from the penultimate night at Cagneys that I had to email about.

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

Having read some posts, are NCL changing the blind bidding to a live bidding system?

I was almost going to say I love this idea, but then I realized that NCL could then manipulate the bidding by throwing bids in to raise it.  Kind of like *some* eBay sellers do when they get a lot of bids on something they are selling. They drive the price up with their own bids from friends/family/bogus accounts.

For Bliss 12/5, I have one offer now marked "processing" while the rest are "expired".  Looks like we're going from a balcony to a spa club suite.  Not the Haven, but not bad at all.  Plus, we now get the Thermal Spa, which I haven't been able to talk the guy into on previous trips.  Maybe he'll see the light on how awesome the spa is 🙂 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, trivimp said:

For Bliss 12/5, I have one offer now marked "processing" while the rest are "expired".  Looks like we're going from a balcony to a spa club suite.  Not the Haven, but not bad at all.  Plus, we now get the Thermal Spa, which I haven't been able to talk the guy into on previous trips.  Maybe he'll see the light on how awesome the spa is 🙂 

Congrats!  No more refreshing the page everyday!

Mine shows processing too!

Edited by jvsnana
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, trivimp said:

Congrats!  I'm sure your guy will love it!  DH won't cruise on a ship without getting spa passes now!  When I bring up booking another cruise his first question is "Does it have a thermal spa?".  It's a prerequisite for him!

Happy sailing!

• Haha 1

Well, we woke up to the same, all offers expired but one. Looks like we will have our first Haven experience. Going from Club Balcony Suite to Aft Facing Penthouse in the Heaven. Bid was on the Low end, but still pricy even for the upgrade, but less then booking it direct.

We leave Tomorrow morning for 3 days of fun in LA before we board the Bliss on Sunday!

• Like 5

My balcony upgrade is processing!
I was a bit jealous of all the upgrade bids for the Haven, but I hoped that would trickle down to us lowly interiors hoping to see the light of day from a balcony.

I had already booked my thermal spa reservation. Even if I didn’t get up to spa balcony I wanted that one. So my Getaway TA is going to be even better than initially planned.

Greetings From Rome on a rainy day,

k

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trivimp said:

How weird would it be if you got my old room? Small world if you do! 

Both my cabin and in-laws cabin were upgraded from balcony to Haven on 12/5 Bliss this morning. Just waiting to see if my brother and his kids get upgraded to the 2br Haven. Fingers crossed as it still shows 5 2br rooms available. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sunshine4me2 said:

Ok,  booked in a Balcony on the Getaway, Dec. 27th.  New Year's Cruise.  Well, have 5 bids on Haven Staterooms, and 1 Spa Club Balcony and 1 Spa Balcony!  

It's probably too early for NCL to decide who gets what.  I'm hoping by Dec 19-20th we'll hear.

If anyone booked and requested an Upgrade on the Getaway,  and you win, give a shout out!

We are on this same cruise and also in a balcony.  We have upgrade bids for exactly the same as you!  Hopefully this works out for both of us.  

11 minutes ago, CaribbeanJen said:

We are on this same cruise and also in a balcony.  We have upgrade bids for exactly the same as you!  Hopefully this works out for both of us.  

If we all get our upgrades, would make a great New Year's Eve!

Hoping we all do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LWAnthony said:

Well, we woke up to the same, all offers expired but one. Looks like we will have our first Haven experience. Going from Club Balcony Suite to Aft Facing Penthouse in the Heaven. Bid was on the Low end, but still pricy even for the upgrade, but less then booking it direct.

We leave Tomorrow morning for 3 days of fun in LA before we board the Bliss on Sunday!

Was your bid poor, fair or good if you don’t mind me asking?

Will you get an e-mail that your offers have been rejected, if none of the offers you placed were accepted?  I've never placed a bid before, and I see some people on the 12/5 Bliss sailing are seeing one of their bids in a processing status.  All of mine are still pending, wondering if that's a bad sign at this point.  Wasn't sure if they just remain in limbo until you set sail or if you actually get a rejection e-mail.

When I won the bid for the Breakaway leaving on December 5th I logged in and all my bids said expired with the exception of the Forward facing Haven Penthouse, that still said Pending...about an hour later I received an email stating that i won the bid.  My guess would be if others are recieving emails that they won and your still say Pending they are waiting to see if all the winning bids Credit cards that are on file get accepted, if not they will go down the list to the next person....just my opinion

• Like 1

All 3 rooms upgraded!! Haven here we come.

It seemed like they were processing the rooms from "lowest" category up to "highest". The 2br suite wasn't processed until over an hour after the courtyard suites were processed. I was still constantly refreshing some mock bookings and it seemed like rooms would slowly be taken off. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, anmyers72 said:

It seemed like they were processing the rooms from "lowest" category up to "highest". The 2br suite wasn't processed until over an hour after the courtyard suites were processed. I was still constantly refreshing some mock bookings and it seemed like rooms would slowly be taken off. 

Congrats!

Maybe you got my Haven Courtyard suite!

I moved to the 2 bedroom on deck 17...my preferred deck 😀

Now just waiting for the cabin # assignment.

See you in the Haven.  

BTW, we have a great Concierge onboard...John Dsouza!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anmyers72 said:

Wow, three for three!   Congratulations to that wonderful outcome and have a great trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anmyers72 said:

This is really helpful! Looks like if I don't want a non Haven upgrade, I should put all my eggs in the Haven basket and take away my bids for non Haven rooms in case they get chosen first! Hm...

2 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

This is really helpful! Looks like if I don't want a non Haven upgrade, I should put all my eggs in the Haven basket and take away my bids for non Haven rooms in case they get chosen first! Hm...

From what I could tell, they stopped allowing any more bids around 5-6am as the "Upgrade your room" screen went away. You will probably get awarded whichever room you bid on which is highest above the minimum bid, Haven or otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anmyers72 said:

So interesting, I had assumed they’d work from the top down.