Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

We received an upgrade for the Escape for the 11th of this month on the 2nd from a Spa Club Balcony (M9) to a Haven Penthouse  (HF). Our bid was either low Fair or high Poor, I believe. 

I was surprised that we'd heard "so early" but perhaps they want the Club Spa balcony (or whichever way club and spa are to be arranged.) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GALSews said:

We received an upgrade for the Escape for the 11th of this month on the 2nd from a Spa Club Balcony (M9) to a Haven Penthouse  (HF). Our bid was either low Fair or high Poor, I believe. 

I was surprised that we'd heard "so early" but perhaps they want the Club Spa balcony (or whichever way club and spa are to be arranged.) 

Be aware that the Haven room does not come with spa access if that was important to you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, norway olin said:

Be aware that the Haven room does not come with spa access if that was important to you.

Thanks for letting people know that. I was aware and now that I've explained it to the guy who is paying for the cruise, it may affect future bids or how we book cruises, assuming our health stays good.

Yes, I was aware. We'll use this as an opportunity to check out the Haven and we have already put in to get the thermal spa. The question is how much does Haven or thermal spa matter to us if we have either of the two. 

Apparently, there are no M9, club balcony spa suites on the Prima as we'd tried to book one and club the club balcony, so our PCC booked the Club Balcony for us.

BTW, Norway Olin, the hubby is 1/4 Norwegian descent. Where are you in Ohio? I lived 1 year in Euclid right on Lake Erie when I started working and we have relatives in Kettering.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GALSews said:

Thanks for letting people know that. I was aware and now that I've explained it to the guy who is paying for the cruise, it may affect future bids or how we book cruises, assuming our health stays good.

Yes, I was aware. We'll use this as an opportunity to check out the Haven and we have already put in to get the thermal spa. The question is how much does Haven or thermal spa matter to us if we have either of the two. 

Only you can decide whether you want Haven and spa.  Last time we went with a Haven Spa room so there was no decision needed.  On our upcoming Encore trip we have a non-Haven MA cabin but called our PCC to have the spa passes added on the spot.  I'm not sure what you mean by  "we have already put in to get the thermal spa".

Edited by norway olin

On 12/4/2021 at 12:25 PM, norway olin said:

Only you can decide whether you want Haven and spa.  Last time we went with a Haven Spa room so there was no decision needed.  On our upcoming Encore trip we have a non-Haven MA cabin but called our PCC to have the spa passes added on the spot.  I'm not sure what you mean by  "we have already put in to get the thermal spa".

We contacted the concierge and asked that they book the thermal spa for us.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:00 PM, graceinga said:

Hi -  we are seeing the same for our 12/5 Encore cruise.  All 4 of our bids still show pending.  Fingers crossed we both get our upgrades!  

Pending is the default status means only that they have received your bid.  Processing means you won.

13 minutes ago, justhappy said:

Me for sure. Breakaway on the 12th. Watching closely the drama going on now.

I still want to go even if there are mask requirements and other restrictions.

yep me too - watching very closely for our trip on the 19th on Breakaway 

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Watching for the 12th on the Bliss.  I actually cancelled a few bids and dropped others to a lower bid, so not particularly confident that we will win any, but this wasn’t a trip we were focused on upgrading.  

I am watching for this cruise also…I put the lowest bid available on each.  Honestly I would not bid extremely high to get into the Haven as I just got off the same cruise for Thanksgiving and the ship was near empty.  No waiting for anything that would want me to have an escape into the Haven.  Not sure what the capacity will be for this one but I was told the Thanksgiving cruise was at 36%.  

9 minutes ago, tinygrashopa said:

I am watching for this cruise also…I put the lowest bid available on each.  Honestly I would not bid extremely high to get into the Haven as I just got off the same cruise for Thanksgiving and the ship was near empty.  No waiting for anything that would want me to have an escape into the Haven.  Not sure what the capacity will be for this one but I was told the Thanksgiving cruise was at 36%.  

We bid mostly to get more space after adding my daughter’s boyfriend to our cabin.  They are 6 months away from being able to get their own 😩

3 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

We bid mostly to get more space after adding my daughter’s boyfriend to our cabin.  They are 6 months away from being able to get their own 😩

I know the feeling… I am taking my parents on this cruise and would love not to have to sleep on that couch.  Figure I will be up and out early and can catch up with a nap in the spa area.  

6 minutes ago, tinygrashopa said:

I know the feeling… I am taking my parents on this cruise and would love not to have to sleep on that couch.  Figure I will be up and out early and can catch up with a nap in the spa area.  

Check your offers… I just looked at mine and got a spa balcony upgrade.  It says processing and the others say expired.  Got all 3 of us access to the spa for the amount I was paying just for myself.  I consider it a WIN!!!! 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tinygrashopa said:

Check your offers… I just looked at mine and got a spa balcony upgrade.  It says processing and the others say expired.  Got all 3 of us access to the spa for the amount I was paying just for myself.  I consider it a WIN!!!! 

Mine are all still pending — like I said, my bids are low, in the poor range, so not expecting success.  But of course, that won’t stop me from checking all day, lol

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

Mine are all still pending — like I said, my bids are low, in the poor range, so not expecting success.  But of course, that won’t stop me from checking all day, lol

Ok weird… just checked again and they put unable to upgrade on my spa balcony room that previously said processing.  Now all of the expired offers say pending so I may still have a chance at that spa club balcony that I really wanted or maybe the Haven ha!  All my offers are the lowest on those so I know I don’t have a chance.  At least I know I will get into the spa because I had previously purchased it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinygrashopa said:

Can you tell us what your ship and cruise date is?

Just now, tinygrashopa said:

Sure… I’m on the Bliss sailing out of San Pedro, CA. on the 12th.  

Thank you.  Trying to get an idea when we might hear something.  We sail the 18th out of miami.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, GALSews said:

We contacted the concierge and asked that they book the thermal spa for us.

Typically, this is not a task that the pre-cruise concierge (for NCL) handles.

Did you contact the concierge with your payment method for the spa passes? 

Without some form of payment at the time of request, you will NOT have spa passes.

If you did pay for them, you should have received received an invoice with that transaction.

So…..if you upgrade your room by paying the additional cost  difference, does anyone know if you lose the upgrade bids associated to your original room? I am in a balcony, it’s not that much more to upgrade to a spa balcony. If I upgrade and pay the difference to go to the spa balcony, do I lose all the bids that I have on haven upgrades that I currently hold? I would really rather hold out on the haven, if upgrading means I’ll lose my chance on maybe winning one of the bids I placed. 

also, I have read people paying in advance for the weekly spa pass. Why do it ahead of time, rather than on the ship? With reduced capacity, I would think it would be easy to get, and maybe even discounted on the ship…

1 hour ago, favoritevacation said:

So…..if you upgrade your room by paying the additional cost  difference, does anyone know if you lose the upgrade bids associated to your original room? I am in a balcony, it’s not that much more to upgrade to a spa balcony. If I upgrade and pay the difference to go to the spa balcony, do I lose all the bids that I have on haven upgrades that I currently hold? I would really rather hold out on the haven, if upgrading means I’ll lose my chance on maybe winning one of the bids I placed. 

also, I have read people paying in advance for the weekly spa pass. Why do it ahead of time, rather than on the ship? With reduced capacity, I would think it would be easy to get, and maybe even discounted on the ship…

Actually, the Spa Passes are discounted online. 🙂  It's more expensive to buy it on the ship. The good thing about buying them online is that you can cancel it anytime before sailing -- this way, if you win your bid to a Spa Cabin, you're not stuck paying the additional cost, and if not, you got the cheaper rate for the Spa Pass 🙂

• Like 2