Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

9 hours ago, favoritevacation said:

So…..if you upgrade your room by paying the additional cost  difference, does anyone know if you lose the upgrade bids associated to your original room? I am in a balcony, it’s not that much more to upgrade to a spa balcony. If I upgrade and pay the difference to go to the spa balcony, do I lose all the bids that I have on haven upgrades that I currently hold? I would really rather hold out on the haven, if upgrading means I’ll lose my chance on maybe winning one of the bids I placed.

We did this exact thing back in 2019....We had a balcony, had pre purchased Thermal Spa passes, and were bidding on several categories.  We then decided to just pay for the upgrade cabin to go into a Spa Balcony.  We called to cancel our Spa passes (since we no longer needed them) and all our bids were auto cancelled....Then a couple of days later we received a new "offer" and were able to put new bids on the Haven.  We placed new bids on several Havens.

In the end, the prices of the Haven cabin we wanted dipped low enough that it was on $25pp more than our bids and we once again called and upgraded ourselves to the Haven

13 hours ago, cruisingbooboo said:

How do you bid? do they contact you or can you somehow indicate you'd like to bid?

Thanks

You could get an email or have a “let’s get you upgraded”banner when you log into NCL account and check your cruise.

13 minutes ago, icedearth15324 said:

Just had my bid accepted for the 12/12 Breakaway. Upgraded to the Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse.

That's what I'm really hoping for, 19th Dec on Breakaway - what was your bid like? I have bids for all Haven suites but this is the one I have the best bid for...

1 minute ago, icedearth15324 said:

MA class, so a mini-suite with balcony.

I have a mini suite with large balcony (M6) and I have a bid, middle of the good range (it is a bit more than what you have won with, but I also have others that are less - but this is the suite that ticks all the boxes my husband wants (he has never cruised before so whilst this will be an amazing treat for me who has travelled in everything from inside, to solo balcony to regular balcony for him, and it being his first ever cruise will not know any of the pain (haha jk) of a lesser cabin....

3 hours ago, justhappy said:

Just checked my bids for the 12/12 Breakaway and all bids show expired except for my bid for the aft Haven with large balcony, which shows as pending. Currently in a club balcony suite with large balcony.

🤞

Hopefully congrats! What level was your bid, if I may ?

3 hours ago, justhappy said:

Just checked my bids for the 12/12 Breakaway and all bids show expired except for my bid for the aft Haven with large balcony, which shows as pending. Currently in a club balcony suite with large balcony.

🤞

Pending is the default status and only means the bid is live and they have done noting with it yet. Processing means your bid was accepted.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the information sharing...

On 5 day out of NYC to Bermuda, Dec 14, my bid was accepted - upgrading from regular old balcony to forward facing penthouse suite.  $460/pp.  Bid was in the "poor" range.  That said, I'm not sure I have buyer's remorse or not.

Oh well, let's enjoy a vacation!!!

• Like 2

Interesting, I have bid on all categories, although majority are sold out for the Bliss December 26th cruise out of San Pedro.  This morning banner was still there, I tried to check, but Error when I tried to get on.  Went back this afternoon on PC and NCL App Banner is gone along with all bids.  It's been there  55 days out, and I have changed my bids a couple of times, anyone else missing bids and banner?

2 minutes ago, cruiseblues2013 said:

anyone else missing bids and banner?

I'm seeing the same for my late December cruise.  I am going to check again later.  Not sure if it's related, but a lot of the internet has been acting up today due to an AWS outage.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cruiseblues2013 said:

Interesting, I have bid on all categories, although majority are sold out for the Bliss December 26th cruise out of San Pedro.  This morning banner was still there, I tried to check, but Error when I tried to get on.  Went back this afternoon on PC and NCL App Banner is gone along with all bids.  It's been there  55 days out, and I have changed my bids a couple of times, anyone else missing bids and banner?

Yup, we're sailing on the Getaway Dec 22. Was going to bump my bids this afternoon, and it's all gone...

Sailing on 12/26 Encore….and banner is gone today! I’ll go back and check status of my bids tomorrow, along with availability and prices of haven rooms. I f I don’t win a haven room, I would  want a room with a spa pass, so if I don’t win my bids… I can upgrade my room or just but a spa pass. Does anyone know the cutoff for upgrading your room or buying online spa passes? I really have my fingers crossed that I will be lucky enough to win a bid!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, favoritevacation said:

Sailing on 12/26 Encore….and banner is gone today! I’ll go back and check status of my bids tomorrow, along with availability and prices of haven rooms. I f I don’t win a haven room, I would  want a room with a spa pass, so if I don’t win my bids… I can upgrade my room or just but a spa pass. Does anyone know the cutoff for upgrading your room or buying online spa passes? I really have my fingers crossed that I will be lucky enough to win a bid!

The upgrade page is back!  I panicked for a minute, but they're back now.  🙂

14 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Most bids are processed in the last 7 days before the cruise, the banner is gone because of internet issues today (that is my guess) because the site was down this morning.  NCL does not own the upgrade site.

I wonder if that’s why my bid page is being so wacky. Instead of the grayed out expired bids, I’m now getting the regular bid page that is letting me make changes. 🤷‍♀️
they all say pending now except the Haven aft w/ lg balcony which says not available to upgrade.  So confused.