Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

45 minutes ago, becky11 said:

Club Balcony Suite and we bid $1700pp.  It wasn't even our highest bid, but I'm ok with it.  🙂

That has to put the price pretty close to the original cost of the Haven room, right? What are you estimated savings with a bid that high?

1 hour ago, jumbojem96 said:

That has to put the price pretty close to the original cost of the Haven room, right? What are you estimated savings with a bid that high?

This is in Canadian dollars, but it's a significant savings. Remember, prices are higher for holiday cruise s versus early December cruises.

Screenshot_20211221-160031.png

Just got upgraded on the Epic leaving 12/26.

Had a Inside Cabin and put a $100 p/p minimum bid for the Club Balcony Suite and it was accepted.  

Bids for $150 p/p (minimum) for Spa Balcony and $225 p/p ($175 p/p was minimum) for Spa Club Balcony Suite we're not accepted.

Did not put a bid on for balcony which was $75 p/p minimum.

Very happy with the result as these rooms were more than $500 p/p extra when booking.

Edited by kdawg954
  • Like 4

We too are on the 12/27 Getaway sailing.  Upgrade bid was accepted this evening from Inside to balcony for $80. per person.  (Minimum bid was $75.)  We had bids in for two cabins.  Spouse and I are platinum and were upgraded to a BA.  Daughter and her husband, who are Gold, were upgraded to a BF.  So apparently there may be a difference based on Latitudes level, maybe??  Had a very similar experience with a Celebrity cruise earlier this year.  Seems if you are sailing in the lower valued cabins, during these partial capacity days, that minimum bids get accepted on a regular basis.  Cruise lines seem to be happy to take any extra cash they can get.  Havens seem to have more levels of complexity... fewer cabins, higher demand, etc.

Happy cruising everyone!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, jskinsd said:

Me too.  Same cruise.  Regular balcony to a Club Balcony Suite.  My total $70 twice= $140.

Lots of balconies but my first suite on NCL after over 45 cruises.  A little extra elbow room well be welcomed.✌️

Back from my upgrade.  Wasn't worth it.  Even for only $140.   A bigger bathroom with large shower.  But for a large couple, maybe worth the extra costs.  Oh well, I had a purple card for a week.✌️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

Back from my upgrade.  Wasn't worth it.  Even for only $140.   A bigger bathroom with large shower.  But for a large couple, maybe worth the extra costs.  Oh well, I had a purple card for a week.✌️

That is the problem with Club Balcony Suite, they are NOT a SUITE and the name is misleading for most people!!!  They should just be called "Club Balcony".

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

That is the problem with Club Balcony Suite, they are NOT a SUITE and the name is misleading for most people!!!  They should just be called "Club Balcony".

They state they have better sheets and a double sink. I am looking forward to the CBS. I didn't bid on Haven because we like where the room is and don't live life that way. We are good with the upgraded beverage package and being close to the elevator. I didn't get it because it was a "suite" I got it because when I booked it was $100PP more than a balcony and less than an AFT balcony. When the AFT Balcony dropped to below the CBS, we almost moved. I wanted to but my husband wanted the bigger bathroom. What is wrong with him?

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they process upgrades on the weekends (or holidays)?  I leave on Monday and still have all my Haven bids pending.  I know they processed most of the upgrades for our cruise on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I thought for an hour or so that I got it as my other bids showed expired and one said processing.  Unfortunately, it later changed to "unable to upgrade" and the other three bids went back to pending.  I am still able to modify any of my bids.

I realize its still a very slim chance, but if someone were to cancel and a room opens up, is there a chance I get an upgrade processed this weekend?  Thanks!

On 12/23/2021 at 7:53 AM, jskinsd said:

I think the only real difference is with the bathroom.  Bigger shower with spa type jets in three locations and double sinks. Maybe an extra 2 feet in living space, but not a suite. What is a purple card?  I bid $50 per person since I didn't really care if we got it or not. 

Edited by BarnCat1
added a line
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, missnd said:

Does anyone know if they process upgrades on the weekends (or holidays)?  I leave on Monday and still have all my Haven bids pending.  I know they processed most of the upgrades for our cruise on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I thought for an hour or so that I got it as my other bids showed expired and one said processing.  Unfortunately, it later changed to "unable to upgrade" and the other three bids went back to pending.  I am still able to modify any of my bids.

I realize its still a very slim chance, but if someone were to cancel and a room opens up, is there a chance I get an upgrade processed this weekend?  Thanks!

Same thing happened to us, exactly.  2 days later we ended up with better cabin 2 days before sailing this coming Sunday.  Merry Christmas, Good Luck, you still have a chance!

• Like 1

Hi!

We're sailing next Sunday (in 5 days) and today, the upgrade banner and the upgrade e-mail disappeared from our NCL account page.

When I try to access the link directly,  I get a "Not eligible for upgrade" message.

Does this means they are processing the upgrades and we still have a chance? We bid $30 p.p. over the minimum bid for a balcony upgrade from an inside cabin. Crossing fingers!

image.thumb.png.7d426a1d36c28d0872099d2153463ee2.png

• Like 1

What has been the earliest that bids have been accepted?  We are sailing on 1/16/2022.  First sailing on the Star for its restart.  Departing from Buenos Aires, 15 days before the sailing is the cut off for additional passengers to be able to complete the entry requirements so I'm wondering if bids might be accepted earlier.

2 hours ago, capitainefritz said:

Hi!

We're sailing next Sunday (in 5 days) and today, the upgrade banner and the upgrade e-mail disappeared from our NCL account page.

When I try to access the link directly,  I get a "Not eligible for upgrade" message.

Does this means they are processing the upgrades and we still have a chance? We bid $30 p.p. over the minimum bid for a balcony upgrade from an inside cabin. Crossing fingers!

image.thumb.png.7d426a1d36c28d0872099d2153463ee2.png

Just got our upgrade 🙂

• Like 5

Just got an upgrade for 1/3 sailing with the minimum bid. I had already upgraded myself when they announced masks were mandatory but it was the sailaway balcony so I could end up with an obstructed view and 36 sq. Ft. balcony so I figured putting in the minimum bid to be guaranteed a view and a 54 sq. ft. balcony was worth a try. Now if I can just make it from now to the end of the cruise without catching COVID. I try to remember that while 5 or 10 people on the cruise may get COVID, there's 1,000+ others that didn’t. I just need this vacation so bad.🤞

• Like 3

My cruise is in 5 days and it seems like the link to modify my bids has disappeared.  I was going to ask how to find the link to check the status and then I answered my own question - check the email!

Well I checked the email and clicked the link to modify the bids just so I can see them.  All of my bids have expired except Haven Aft Facing PH which is pending.  Not getting my hopes up just yet.  

Edited by Analog187
answered my own question

Got our upgrade yesterday for a 1/3 Panama Canal sailing on the Pearl. Balcony BA to Club Balcony Suite QO, bid $200 pp. Bid was medium fair, but we wanted a little more room and this bid was still $1000 or so less than what my NCL rep said we would have to pay to upgrade when I called. I'm very pleased.  Low poor bids ($620-650) for "real" suites weren't accepted. Minimum bids on this sailing seemed higher than I'd hoped, probably because it is immediately post-holidays. We usually sail aft, this will be our first time on the side of a ship, but want to hang out on the balcony and get a good view of the locks as we go through the canal. My spouse is an engineer, and I suspect he'll be seeking out all day. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1