Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I think I read somewhere that they dont do the upgrades over the weekend. So if that is true we have to wait till Monday. There may be more available rooms with NCL allowing cancellations again. It will be interesting to see how uncrowded the ship will be 😊. Praying for an upgrade from inside to balcony🙏🙏🙏

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, flcraigs5 said:

I think I read somewhere that they dont do the upgrades over the weekend. So if that is true we have to wait till Monday. There may be more available rooms with NCL allowing cancellations again. It will be interesting to see how uncrowded the ship will be 😊. Praying for an upgrade from inside to balcony🙏🙏🙏

I'll bet they do a lot of upgrades from insides to balcony cabins.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flcraigs5 said:

I guess we have to be patient.  I suspect we’ll all get our upgrades.  At least I hope so.  I’m in an OV at the moment but really want the balcony.  Also have bids in for club balconies and spa balcony and club balcony,  I’ll be happy with any of them.  Just want to know.  I haven’t printed my boarding docs or luggage tags yet.  Hoping I can before I depart Monday afternoon!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

I guess we have to be patient.  I suspect we’ll all get our upgrades.  At least I hope so.  I’m in an OV at the moment but really want the balcony.  Also have bids in for club balconies and spa balcony and club balcony,  I’ll be happy with any of them.  Just want to know.  I haven’t printed my boarding docs or luggage tags yet.  Hoping I can before I depart Monday afternoon!

I'm trying to be patient 🤪LOL. I really wonder how they figure out who gets upgraded. I'm sure highest bids go first but after  that if people bid the same amount how do they determine the outcome????

11 minutes ago, flcraigs5 said:

I'm trying to be patient 🤪LOL. I really wonder how they figure out who gets upgraded. I'm sure highest bids go first but after  that if people bid the same amount how do they determine the outcome????

My guess would be it actually isn’t the amount of the bid but the sum of your original price plus the bid amount. 

10 minutes ago, wolfpackgrl said:

My guess would be it actually isn’t the amount of the bid but the sum of your original price plus the bid amount. 

That was my original thought but they already have our original payment so I started thinking highest amount for the bid.

Ex.

Bidder#1: Paid 1,000 for room bid 300.00

Bidder#2: Paid 2,000 for room bid 200.00

NCL picks bidder #1 cause they get 600.00 instead of 400.00.

But that's just the way my mind is working it out and all of it is above my pay grade 🤪.

Do you think your latitude rewards level ever come into play on decisions?

12 minutes ago, flcraigs5 said:

Could be by bid date or else lottery.

1 minute ago, wolfpackgrl said:

Doubtful.  It's been speculated that the company doing the upgrades has no info on price paid, latitudes status and so forth.

What you paid is income already received by NCL. The bidding process gives them additional income, so from a financial standpoint it would make sense to go with the highest bidder.  In the past, your room was a factor but with lots of inventory these days, maybe not so much.  But if by giving you an upgrade they can also upgrade someone into your room it's a double win for NCL, even if it's not the highest bid. 

Wondering if the cabin you have booked (balcony vs club suite) makes a difference on your minimum bid for say a penthouse or haven room?  Basically I am wondering if minimum bids are different for everyone 

9 hours ago, japit said:

Wondering if the cabin you have booked (balcony vs club suite) makes a difference on your minimum bid for say a penthouse or haven room?  Basically I am wondering if minimum bids are different for 

Hmm never thought of that. I had always just thought the sliding scale was the same for everyone to bid for each category. 

14 hours ago, julig22 said:

Could be by bid date or else lottery.

Doubtful.  It's been speculated that the company doing the upgrades has no info on price paid, latitudes status and so forth.

What you paid is income already received by NCL. The bidding process gives them additional income, so from a financial standpoint it would make sense to go with the highest bidder.  In the past, your room was a factor but with lots of inventory these days, maybe not so much.  But if by giving you an upgrade they can also upgrade someone into your room it's a double win for NCL, even if it's not the highest bid. 

I would think the category of room (or how much you paid) would have to play a role. If I have an Aft facing penthouse, that I paid $7,000 for, I would hope that my bid for a DOS would get accepted over someone that slightly outbid me to upgrade from a room that cost them $2,000 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

I would think the category of room (or how much you paid) would have to play a role. If I have an Aft facing penthouse, that I paid $7,000 for, I would hope that my bid for a DOS would get accepted over someone that slightly outbid me to upgrade from a room that cost them $2,000 

NCL limits what you can bid on so an inside would not be able to bid on club suite and above. After that I think it's all about making money and since they already have your 7,000 and the other bidders 2,000 I would think they would take the highest bid. Now if the bids were the same I would hope they would take the party that was in the higher category to begin with along with taking in consideration the parties latitude level. But that's just my thoughts😊

8 minutes ago, flcraigs5 said:

NCL limits what you can bid on so an inside would not be able to bid on club suite and above. After that I think it's all about making money and since they already have your 7,000 and the other bidders 2,000 I would think they would take the highest bid. Now if the bids were the same I would hope they would take the party that was in the higher category to begin with along with taking in consideration the parties latitude level. But that's just my thoughts😊

If they thought they could resell a better cabin, then it would make sense to take the bid from the best cabin.

19 minutes ago, flcraigs5 said:

Bidding is done by a third party, not NCL, so whether or not your Latitudes level is known is questionable.  It's also anyone's guess whether or not they know your actual cost - or whether they are just given the category and #of passengers (for capacity control), plus bid choices.

For my upcoming cruise I upgraded using my worldwide points.  My bid options are based on the upgrade category (balcony), not the "paid for" (OV) category.

I agree that the party in the higher category should get priority first but that's a good business choice.  Upgrade the highest person first, then upgrade the next person, and possibly even the next and so on down the line.

45 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Bidding is done by a third party, not NCL, so whether or not your Latitudes level is known is questionable.  It's also anyone's guess whether or not they know your actual cost - or whether they are just given the category and #of passengers (for capacity control), plus bid choices.

For my upcoming cruise I upgraded using my worldwide points.  My bid options are based on the upgrade category (balcony), not the "paid for" (OV) category.

I agree that the party in the higher category should get priority first but that's a good business choice.  Upgrade the highest person first, then upgrade the next person, and possibly even the next and so on down the line.

And we will never know for sure 😂😂😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bowen_mark said:

Still showing pending (And I have not heard of anyone getting an upgrade yet) for the Jan 5th out of Miami on the Getaway. I'll just take whatever we get and enjoy it.

Yup.  Still waiting!  I stubbornly refuse to print cruise docs and luggage tags!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russiamomm said:

It looks like they’re finally processing bids for Wednesday’s sailing.  Three of my bids are showing as expired and one is processing. Looks like I got the Club Balcony from an OV.  I’m pleased.  Just waiting on confirmation.

Congrats!!! My one is showing expired n the other still pending 😒

52 minutes ago, jumbojem96 said:

I am also waiting to hear back for this one! Fingers crossed, will update even if denied!

All but one of my bids is are now expired. One says pending. Is this typically a good sign or won’t know until it says processing if I got it? It’s a Haven forward facing penthouse. My bids were all mid to excellent. 

2 minutes ago, ceobrad said:

All but one of my bids is are now expired. One says pending. Is this typically a good sign or won’t know until it says processing if I got it? It’s a Haven forward facing penthouse. My bids were all mid to excellent. 

I got it! $1500 per person was the bid. 

• Like 3