Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

7 minutes ago, Lucinarei said:

It's before that. I definitely didn't enter any information. Once you choose the category, it should assign you a room. Once you see the room it has assigned, look for the teeny link that lets you choose a different room. That should let you in to see the rest of the available rooms in that category.

Thank you I found it! 

• Like 1

Upgraded today for the 2/4 Bliss 16 day Panama Canal.

from HB (Haven Aft w/ Large Balcony) to H5 (Haven 2 Br. with Large Balcony)

$865 pp (just over the line from poor to fair).

8 days prior to sailing.

Saved almost $1900 from original booking!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Upgraded today for the 2/4 Bliss 16 day Panama Canal.

from HB (Haven Aft w/ Large Balcony) to H5 (Haven 2 Br. with Large Balcony)

$865 pp (just over the line from poor to fair).

8 days prior to sailing.

Saved almost $1900 from original booking!

Congrats! Should be an awesome cruise. We are on the Bliss in a month from now. Currently in a HC. Got the upgrade email when the H5&6 were actually cheaper to book than the HC, but the starting bid was still $600pp. Considered it, for the location, but we really want the bigger balcony and we don't like that the only natural light in the bedroom has to come through the bathroom. There are still two H2 cabins available. Does anyone have any experience with bidding on these?? Willing to go max, but I'd hate to throw away $1000+ if a mid range bid would get it done.

• Like 1

We are cruising on Encore on Jan 30. We have 3 bids in to go from Club Suite (MB) to Haven (HE, HF or HG). We haven't heard one way or the other. When I check they all say pending. When you bid do you hear definitely one way or the other? It would be very nice to win a bid but it would also be nice to know if we didn't make it other than no news is bad news. Thanks if anyone can answer this one.

55 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Congrats! Should be an awesome cruise. We are on the Bliss in a month from now. Currently in a HC. Got the upgrade email when the H5&6 were actually cheaper to book than the HC, but the starting bid was still $600pp. Considered it, for the location, but we really want the bigger balcony and we don't like that the only natural light in the bedroom has to come through the bathroom. There are still two H2 cabins available. Does anyone have any experience with bidding on these?? Willing to go max, but I'd hate to throw away $1000+ if a mid range bid would get it done.

Our first upgrade bid was the H3 on the Escape.  We bid just over the line to "good" (we paid $1050 pp. and upgraded from an H9).  It was so worth it for us!    

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wbrober0 said:

We are cruising on Encore on Jan 30. We have 3 bids in to go from Club Suite (MB) to Haven (HE, HF or HG). We haven't heard one way or the other. When I check they all say pending. When you bid do you hear definitely one way or the other? It would be very nice to win a bid but it would also be nice to know if we didn't make it other than no news is bad news. Thanks if anyone can answer this one.

Most of the Haven upgrades for Jan 30 Encore went out on Monday. There were a few more on Tuesday because a couple of rooms became available, maybe because of cancellations, expiring courtesy holds, etc. As of this morning, all Haven is sold out. I think your bids are still Pending because one or more rooms could still become available due to cancellations. But, I would assume at this point your upgrade chances are slim. :classic_sad:

17 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

Most of the Haven upgrades for Jan 30 Encore went out on Monday. There were a few more on Tuesday because a couple of rooms became available, maybe because of cancellations, expiring courtesy holds, etc. As of this morning, all Haven is sold out. I think your bids are still Pending because one or more rooms could still become available due to cancellations. But, I would assume at this point your upgrade chances are slim. :classic_sad:

Another couple we are cruising with won their upgrade yesterday (there were still two courtyards available). I agree probably waiting for cancellations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jed12345 said:

Another couple we are cruising with won their upgrade yesterday (there were still two courtyards available). I agree probably waiting for cancellations.

Or waiting for credit cards to process.  I've read of occasions where people have put their bids in and it maxed out their card on file, and it didn't include insurance (thus loosing the upgrade because their card was declined).  😞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Or waiting for credit cards to process.  I've read of occasions where people have put their bids in and it maxed out their card on file, and it didn't include insurance (thus loosing the upgrade because their card was declined).  😞

I think I would cry if that happened to me.

27 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

Most of the Haven upgrades for Jan 30 Encore went out on Monday. There were a few more on Tuesday 

Same general schedule on my Jan 16 Encore sailing.  I figured they were all done, but then I got my upgrade on Friday for the Sunday sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

You usually get the declined email, I've received some the day of sailing.

Thanks for the answers. I suppose we still have an outside chance based on some of the comments above. It will be a fun time nevertheless.

19 hours ago, tmcmom said:

Yay!  Was just notified my bid for my 2/6 Caribbean sailing on the Pearl was accepted.  From deck 8 mid ship Oceanview to deck 11 mid ship Club Balcony.  Bid the minimum $125   Nice boost 🙂

Wow! that's great.  I put in a bid for Oceanview on 5 to a balcony for $240 which was middle of the dial.  I'm comfortable with that extra $480 total which is far better than $2K more if I switched on my own.  (Gem in late March)  Your success makes me very optimistic!

• Like 2

We were originally booked in an interior room and put in upgrade bids to both balcony and spa balcony rooms. I just happened to notice that our original room was changed to an OV picture window room. We received no notification of the change...nothing. We don't consider this an upgrade, as we have no interest whatsoever in an OV room, even though technically it's a room category upgrade. We did NOT bid on an OV room. I called and found out they moved us because our original room and deck was a "quarantine" area. So, my question is this - are my original upgrade bids for balc and spa balc rooms still applicable? Even though they already "upgraded" our initial room??

I got the email and checked it out. There is nothing on it worth us upgrading to. We have a great rate on a balcony room. The cheapest upgrade was a spa balcony for $150pp as the lowest amount. It's not worth $300 to upgrade. We splurged for the week long pass on our last cruise. We used it maybe 2x. The cheapest Haven upgrade was $750pp. I laughed at that and closed the tool. None of it is worth it for our vacationing style.

6 hours ago, Carolina.girl said:

We were originally booked in an interior room and put in upgrade bids to both balcony and spa balcony rooms. I just happened to notice that our original room was changed to an OV picture window room. We received no notification of the change...nothing. We don't consider this an upgrade, as we have no interest whatsoever in an OV room, even though technically it's a room category upgrade. We did NOT bid on an OV room. I called and found out they moved us because our original room and deck was a "quarantine" area. So, my question is this - are my original upgrade bids for balc and spa balc rooms still applicable? Even though they already "upgraded" our initial room??

If you go into your booking online, you should see the “let’s get you upgraded” banner. If you click it, you should be able to see your bids. If they have disappeared, then contact NCL, and they will send you a link to re-bid if necessary. Also, when you check, look to see if your minimum bid dropped with the move

to a higher class cabin. Not sure if it will, but always worth a look. 

• Like 1