Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

22 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

So got the email this morning...Upgraded to the 2 bedroom Haven Suite on the Breakaway March 6th. 

Congrats!  I'm pretty sure that my bid is rejected, though I'm 3 days out and they're still trying to get me to bid.  I think that they REALLY want me to bid on the 2BR minus the large balcony, and I'm not interested, LOL.  I love the 2BR cabins, especially the bathroom, but I don't want to give up my 97 sf balcony for 43....I may be regretting that after a couple of nights of sharing one large space with DH, but oh well!

That’s exactly the dilemma we are in as well ryanpatricksmom. We don’t really want the smaller balcony but the bidding special on that category is really good at the moment but I guess it’s very unlikely to get it at that price anyway. We are getting daily upgrade emails too and it’s only the 2 bed and owners suite still available on the inventory 

7 minutes ago, Kat747 said:

Congratulations wolft927. Can I ask which cabin you ungraded from and where abouts you were in the bidding scale?. We are really in 2 minds whether to put in a bid or not on our Joy sailing. We are already in the haven and like the location of our cabin but they have a really good special on the 2 bed suite with the smaller balcony so we are tempted but would only really be interested at the lowest rate so just wondered if we are wasting our time. We’ve never used the bidding before. 

Hi Kat747

i went from courtyard haven to 2 bedroom. I bid on the owners suites and the 2 bedroom, bid was in the poor range just below fair. I wanted the 2 bedroom because of the living room and the bathroom lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

Congrats!  I'm pretty sure that my bid is rejected, though I'm 3 days out and they're still trying to get me to bid.  I think that they REALLY want me to bid on the 2BR minus the large balcony, and I'm not interested, LOL.  I love the 2BR cabins, especially the bathroom, but I don't want to give up my 97 sf balcony for 43....I may be regretting that after a couple of nights of sharing one large space with DH, but oh well!

We are on the 3/5 Escape and I bid all the way up to $1700 per person for 2 bedroom and they wouldn’t take it until the second round of bids accepted (yesterday). I could have gotten the other two Haven categories for not much more on a straight up upgrade compared to minimum bids. I lowered my bid a little in the end and got it yesterday. That happened last time also. Apparently most of the time it doesn’t matter how how you bid until it is bid processing day. That seems to be the only day they look at most bids. Maybe if they’re on the max side they may accept them early. Who knows.

• Thanks 1

Greetings all.  First post here, but experienced cruiser.  Sailing on the Joy on 3/5.  Still waiting to hear on my Haven bids.  Anyone else hear on upgrades for this sailing?

Edited by 3Desserts

2 minutes ago, 3Desserts said:

Sailing on the Joy on 3/5.  Still waiting to hear on my Haven bids.  Anyone else hear on upgrades for this sailing?

Does any of your bids say "Expired" but still have one that says Pending?

• Like 1

If all still say Pending you still have a shot. Typically when its processing day it starts with Bides showing Expired, and one will still say Pending. Once your card has been successfully charged an email goes out pretty quick and your new cabin will be in your MYNCL

Great. all still in the game for now.  When my wife saw the perks available in the Haven, she went from spectacle to "go for it". Either way, we will have a nice time.  This will be our 3rd NCL cruise.  

Thanks for the fast reply.  Will keep updating here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kat747 said:

That’s exactly the dilemma we are in as well ryanpatricksmom. We don’t really want the smaller balcony but the bidding special on that category is really good at the moment but I guess it’s very unlikely to get it at that price anyway. We are getting daily upgrade emails too and it’s only the 2 bed and owners suite still available on the inventory 

i hate the smaller balconies in the 2 br and courtyard penthouse types but the outright price on the 2br was so cheap, relatively, that i had to just buy it outright 4 weeks before sailing.   it's thousands more PP on christmas week so i like to think i got a killer deal. so ill deal with the balcony and use the haven deck more often.  i never thougth the 2br was priced right given the tiny balcony so this is truly once in a lifetime year for people and i recommend trying rooms u never could afford otherwise

Edited by luckyinpa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mmgibbs7 said:

We are on the 3/5 Escape and I bid all the way up to $1700 per person for 2 bedroom and they wouldn’t take it until the second round of bids accepted (yesterday). I could have gotten the other two Haven categories for not much more on a straight up upgrade compared to minimum bids. I lowered my bid a little in the end and got it yesterday. That happened last time also. Apparently most of the time it doesn’t matter how how you bid until it is bid processing day. That seems to be the only day they look at most bids. Maybe if they’re on the max side they may accept them early. Who knows.

$1700pp must have been in whatever the top ranges called? 

cant edit above. but this is the sole reason...next to the shower next to the ocean, that i'm doing a 2 BR with just 2 of us . it was only 2500PP...at christmas.same cruise..same ship. here's the pricing. it's crazy. so anyone who can, should book haven now while it's cheap. or bid it up!

image.thumb.png.0038573a9fc5d4fc6fc3c8f62057d9f9.png.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mluzzy1 said:

we are sailing on Getaway and was just notified of the upgrade this morning. Courtyard Penthouse to 2Bdrm for 520pp. 

congrats neighbor.  im waiting for my expired bid on dos..it's like december 24 at 1159pm

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kuku77254 said:

$1700pp must have been in whatever the top ranges called? 

It actually was the bottom of fair/right over the top of poor. I can’t believe it didn’t make it in the first round of wins. I thought it was a pretty good bid but that was an almost $9000 suite for 4 of us.

I am going from a mini suite to 2 bedroom Haven ( not already in Haven) so that probably makes a difference on the bid they accept from me compared to someone already booked in the Haven.

Edited by mmgibbs7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wolft927 said:

We won the bid with an 800PP bid for the 2 bedroom 

I wonder if all of the bids (minimum to maximum) are the same offers for everyone or if it’s different depending on what cabin you are coming from. I had a balcony and upgraded to mini suit and my offer min. and max didn’t chance but wondering if the original offers would be lower if you are already in Haven and offered to bid on Haven as compared to coming from a balcony room.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

I wonder if all of the bids (minimum to maximum) are the same offers for everyone or if it’s different depending on what cabin you are coming from. I had a balcony and upgraded to mini suit and my offer min. and max didn’t chance but wondering if the original offers would be lower if you are already in Haven and offered to bid on Haven as compared to coming from a balcony room.

I can say I upgraded from balcony to forward facing haven penthouse in December and it was 900 PP. balcony to haven is a higher starting bid then say from Forward facing Haven to 2 bedroom 

• Like 1

I am currently booked for the end of the month in the haven courtyard penthouse with large balcony (originally had regular balcony but price came way down a few weeks back) - I have 3 upgrade offers - DOS with large balcony - bid is $750 - 2000;  two bedroom villa with large balcony and two bedroom with regular balcony - bid for both is $500 - 1500.  I have a bid in on all - we'll see! I am watching to see if the price comes down further to just reserve one outright.  Not there yet but they have lowered.  

• Like 2

So yesterday I looked and the Haven was sold out.  I figured that my offer had been rejected (admittedly it was a lowball offer, so I wasn't surprised) and I finally printed my docs and tags.  Today several 2BRs with the large balcony are back in inventory.  I still have the chance to bid.  LOL,  I sail on the 5th.  Could they take this any closer to the wire? At least I passed my Covid test this morning, so that anxiety is over!😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

So yesterday I looked and the Haven was sold out.  I figured that my offer had been rejected (admittedly it was a lowball offer, so I wasn't surprised) and I finally printed my docs and tags.  Today several 2BRs with the large balcony are back in inventory.  I still have the chance to bid.  LOL,  I sail on the 5th.  Could they take this any closer to the wire? At least I passed my Covid test this morning, so that anxiety is over!😀

I leave on the 6th go tomorrow for my test. At least now you don't have to wait till morning of cruise to worry if you will be negative lol

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I know this is not about Upgrades, but do Haven suites recieve free laundry service, if not anyone know the price for the bag?

We just got off the Encore in an Aft Penthouse and the laundry wasn't free.  We did the mid-week 1/2 price for a bag deal.  I think it was around $20. Returned to us the same day.

• Thanks 1