Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

trying to quote posts but it isnt working.

I have read and also asked TA - you cannot add people to your cabin after an upgrade.

it is noted in the NCL FAQs on the upgrade offer page

it was my first question too

Edited by nesila

So a quick update after my status changed to ‘not eligible for upgrade’ where I assumed I didn’t get it.  I woke this morning to a ‘you’ve been upgraded’ email 😄. Gone from a balcony cabin to a haven 2 bed villa for a sailing this Sunday. So happy! 😁

• Like 11

2 hours ago, g5und said:

So a quick update after my status changed to ‘not eligible for upgrade’ where I assumed I didn’t get it.  I woke this morning to a ‘you’ve been upgraded’ email 😄. Gone from a balcony cabin to a haven 2 bed villa for a sailing this Sunday. So happy! 😁

Told you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jls pebbles said:

Amazing news. First time I have receive this upgrade offer and my status is still pending for Epic on Sunday. Any predictions.

Also if you are unsuccessful do you also get email notification.

Keep looking at what's available, you will see a pattern when a block of available cabins goes missing, just keep an eye on credit card for pending, i have been upgraded weeks out and in the final week, and only ever bid poor.

They will inform you if your bids are unsucessful 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jls pebbles said:

Amazing news. First time I have receive this upgrade offer and my status is still pending for Epic on Sunday. Any predictions.

Also if you are unsuccessful do you also get email notification.

I was surprised I got mine to be honest as my bid was in the 'poor' range.  Don't lose hope, there's still time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Keep looking at what's available, you will see a pattern when a block of available cabins goes missing, just keep an eye on credit card for pending, i have been upgraded weeks out and in the final week, and only ever bid poor.

They will inform you if your bids are unsucessful 

Thanks for the info. I do see haven is now sold out online so can only wait and see. 

5 hours ago, g5und said:

See it’s not over until you get that email saying you were not upgraded, and unfortunately that does not come out until the last business day before sailing and then not until the afternoon so happy for you wish me luck for next month

• Like 2

6 hours ago, g5und said:

Awesome!  Just curious how much you bid (minimum?  just over minimum?).  We bid minimum on the 2 bedroom villas and I see they are still available on our cruise that leave Tuesday.  We have "poor" to "good" bids out there.  Haven Aft is our dream and we put the most on those bids but we are in the poor range.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Awesome!  Just curious how much you bid (minimum?  just over minimum?).  We bid minimum on the 2 bedroom villas and I see they are still available on our cruise that leave Tuesday.  We have "poor" to "good" bids out there.  Haven Aft is our dream and we put the most on those bids but we are in the poor range.

I went mid-way up the 'poor' range.  We only booked the cruise 2 weeks ago and got a very good deal on our original booking so didn't expect it to go through.  All in all I'm very happy with the overall price paid (less than half of the published Haven rate on the website) if that helps?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, g5und said:

I went mid-way up the 'poor' range.  We only booked the cruise 2 weeks ago and got a very good deal on our original booking so didn't expect it to go through.  All in all I'm very happy with the overall price paid (less than half of the published Haven rate on the website) if that helps?

Thanks - that's very helpful.  We are top end of "poor" for the Aft haven suites,  almost in fair range.    Our bids are still pending for Tuesday on the Joy.   I keep stalking the bid page and this topic.

• Like 1

We cancelled our bids today.   😞.  I tested positive for covid (PCR confirmed later) due to "bad allergy" type symptoms now my husband tested positive via a rapid test, now following up with a PCR.   He had to test daily since he was scheduled to be in office this week and he let them know of my Dx.   I was far enough along I would have been considered recovered by next week so there was a glimmer of hope that is now dashed a bit more.  Fingers crossed his PCR is negative and I can test negative by Sunday/Monday...🤞

In all honesty, we probably would have never known we had covid after the negative test we took over the weekend.  Our cars are yellow with pollen so we just  wrote it off as a bad allergy season.   We decided we better follow up so we're not surprised when we test 2 days prior to boarding.

27 minutes ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

We cancelled our bids today.   😞.  I tested positive for covid (PCR confirmed later) due to "bad allergy" type symptoms now my husband tested positive via a rapid test, now following up with a PCR.   He had to test daily since he was scheduled to be in office this week and he let them know of my Dx.   I was far enough along I would have been considered recovered by next week so there was a glimmer of hope that is now dashed a bit more.  Fingers crossed his PCR is negative and I can test negative by Sunday/Monday...🤞

In all honesty, we probably would have never known we had covid after the negative test we took over the weekend.  Our cars are yellow with pollen so we just  wrote it off as a bad allergy season.   We decided we better follow up so we're not surprised when we test 2 days prior to boarding.

Bummer about the covid positive, hope you feel better soon.  They just pulled within the last hour all the haven cabins are now gone on the Tuesday sailing of the Joy, so you were lucky to cancel in time.  Good luck to anyone waiting on upgrades for next week and later!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

We cancelled our bids today.   😞.  I tested positive for covid (PCR confirmed later) due to "bad allergy" type symptoms now my husband tested positive via a rapid test, now following up with a PCR.   

How disapointing!  Maybe you can hop on a May sailing and add 2 days to Vaca?  Good deals out there...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deweytrader said:

How disapointing!  Maybe you can hop on a May sailing and add 2 days to Vaca?  Good deals out there...

Yes, we are looking at optional dates in May.  We have a wedding in NYC on 5/21 so the 5/22 sailing may be good.  We are waiting to hear about closing date for the home we are building so it's so hard to plan around that time - many are getting closing dates 4-6 weeks out.    May 8th is also a date we are looking at but I would think mothers day would be booked??  

4 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Wishing you the very best of luck with your follow-up tests!

I upgraded from a Balcony to a Club Balcony Suite for the minimum bid of $75 ($150 total). This is on the Escape next week out of NYC, 16-nights to Rome. I know there's not a huge difference in the rooms, but its enough to make it worthwhile, especially for such a long cruise.

I know at least several others also got the same upgrade, as posted in the Roll Call (or FB). Also a bunch of Havens cleared as well, but I don't know the details there.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Bummer about the covid positive, hope you feel better soon.  They just pulled within the last hour all the haven cabins are now gone on the Tuesday sailing of the Joy, so you were lucky to cancel in time.  Good luck to anyone waiting on upgrades for next week and later!

So I guess I didn't get the upgrade then on Sunday's Joy sailing.  no pending charges on CC. oh well. 🙂

Oh well still no upgrade emails for me for Epic tomorrow. Status still shows pending and no transaction on credit card. Will just have to wait till September on the Prima to indulge in the Haven experience. Good luck everyone for future cruises xx

• Like 1

I just upgraded to a Haven 2 bedroom family villa for less than what I had bid. This is for my July cruise. I recommend people check the actual current prices because this is the second cruise in 2022 that I upgraded to the Haven for less than my bid. 

• Like 1