Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

It’s worth it. And it’s worth it for NCL. I can’t be the only person that gets a price adjustment and then looks for ways to reinvest it: next cruise, upgrade room, upgrade drinks, excursion, etc. 

As I say to my pcc - A cash adjustment just pays for more excursions.

FCC after final payment is a brilliant marketing move in my opinion - you aren't gonna let it go to waste, so spend more money to book another cruise. And if you don't, NCL still has your original payment, so win-win.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mochan73 said:

We are on our first Norwegian cruise in march booked in a balcony room. A club balcony upgrade is as low as $75. Is there a huge difference between categories? For $150, I feel like I might as well try the minimum and see what happens. 

You get a free bag of laundry, a bottle of wine and snacks a couple of times.  Room is bigger and bathroom may have a tub or a double sink.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 1lovescruise said:

Do you have to book with NCL directly to get FCC or does TA booking work too? So about 2 wks ago I saw my booked room price dropped, so I asked my TA to get my OBC or refund, after TA called NCL- he told me NCl said they aren’t doing that anymore after Covid, and I was not offered FCc either, he just simply said Ncl said nothing they can do 😞 boooo 

If your TA lowers the price, they lower their commission.

I booked direct and I called mid September for a 10/3 cruise and a 10/23 cruise.

As soon as each cruise was completed, the FCC showed up in my account the next day.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 4:10 PM, cindyhere said:

On the Joy going to Bermuda 11/`12 Balcony Cabin.  Bid on 8 Haven Cabins, bids varied from 350pp to 650pp. Bid 200pp on Club Balcony Suite. 7 days ago there were at least 35 Haven rooms still available.

Just got my upgrade, a Club Balcony Suite. How much does one have to bid to get into the Haven ? Last time I got in there with a 400 bid per person on the Breakaway. Oh well, will make the best of it. Thought I would get into the Haven, but it was not meant to be.

In order to increase your chances of getting a Haven upgrade, you should not bid on the Club Balcony Suite.  It's more advantageous for NCL to upgrade someone already in a Club Balcony to Haven even if they've bid less than you, since they can then upgrade you to their former room.  Club Balcony upgrades in general are more likely to happen since there are more of them.  If you forego bidding on Club Balcony that keeps your Haven bids open for potential last minute cancellations, whereas once you win a Club Balcony bid you are disqualified from bidding on Haven.

• Like 4

Do these bids sound good to anyone? Our cruise leaves in 33 days so we're getting close to our holiday cruise, 12/23-12/30, in a family balcony on the Prima, and I'm wondering if there's any chance of getting an upgrade. There are three of us and it shows that EVERY category is currently sold out for three people. I've actually bid QUITE a bit on a Haven or suite upgrade. The minimums were outrageous, but I did it because the rack price offered was even more outrageous (about $16,000 for the three of us) and I know we'd have a wonderful time in a Haven or a suite. I know all of these will be doubled, and I based my bids on what I want the most. I've bid $1,850 on a Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (H4) (minimum was $1,700), $1,850 on a Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (Minimum was $1,500), $1,850 on a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa With Large Balcony (Minimum was $1,180), $1,760 on a Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony (Minimum was $1,280), $1,400 on a Haven Penthouse with Balcony (Minimum was $1,120).  For non-Haven, I bid $1,255 on a Family Suite with Master Bedroom and Balcony (Minimum was $800), $1,120 on a Forward Facing Suite with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony (Minimum was $815), $1,255 on a Family Suite with Large Balcony (Minimum was $775), and $1,000 on an Aft-Facing Suite with Large Balcony (Minimum was $900). I did NOT bid on a Club Balcony Suite.

I would love to experience Haven, but a Suite would be super nice, too. We are currently happy with our family balcony on deck 10, so I don't want to end up in a bad location, so these all sound magnificent and we would be happy with any of them. We paid about $6,000 for our cruise to start, so we'd still be under $10,000 total for our cruise, which would still be a wonderful deal. None of these room types, other than the Haven, were showing up as available when I booked 89 days out, so I don't know what the original prices would have been on the suites, but I'm guessing quite high since it's a holiday cruise and, as I mentioned, even the Haven cheapest Penthouse suite was $16,000 for three of us!

Edited by njsmom

8 hours ago, timf2001 said:

In order to increase your chances of getting a Haven upgrade, you should not bid on the Club Balcony Suite.  It's more advantageous for NCL to upgrade someone already in a Club Balcony to Haven even if they've bid less than you, since they can then upgrade you to their former room.  Club Balcony upgrades in general are more likely to happen since there are more of them.  If you forego bidding on Club Balcony that keeps your Haven bids open for potential last minute cancellations, whereas once you win a Club Balcony bid you are disqualified from bidding on Haven.

Everything you said is correct but you also need to factor in how many Haven's are still available and what one is bidding for those Haven's.

Those should be factored in because it's better to get a club balcony than nothing at all.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, njsmom said:

Do these bids sound good to anyone? Our cruise leaves in 33 days so we're getting close to our holiday cruise, 12/23-12/30, in a family balcony on the Prima, and I'm wondering if there's any chance of getting an upgrade. There are three of us and it shows that EVERY category is currently sold out for three people. I've actually bid QUITE a bit on a Haven or suite upgrade. The minimums were outrageous, but I did it because the rack price offered was even more outrageous (about $16,000 for the three of us) and I know we'd have a wonderful time in a Haven or a suite. I know all of these will be doubled, and I based my bids on what I want the most. I've bid $1,850 on a Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (H4) (minimum was $1,700), $1,850 on a Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H5) (Minimum was $1,500), $1,850 on a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Large Balcony (H6)(Minimum was $1,180), $1,760 on a Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (HB) (Minimum was $1,280), $1,400 on a Haven Penthouse with Balcony (HE) (Minimum was $1,120).  For non-Haven, I bid $1,255 on a Family Suite with Master Bedroom & Balcony (SJ) (Minimum was $800), $1,120 on a Forward-Facing Suite with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (SK) (Minimum was $815), $1,255 on a Family Suite with Large Balcony (SL) (Minimum was $775), and $1,000 on a Aft-Facing Suite with Large Balcony (SH/SI) (Minimum was $900). I did NOT bid on a Club Balcony Suite.

I would love to experience Haven, but a Suite would be super nice, too. We are currently happy with our family balcony on deck 10, so I don't want to end up in a bad location, so these all sound magnificent and we would be happy with any of them. We paid about $6,000 for our cruise to start, so we'd still be under $10,000 total for our cruise, which would still be a wonderful deal. None of these room types, other than the Haven, were showing up as available when I booked 89 days out, so I don't know what the original prices would have been on the suites, but I'm guessing quite high since it's a holiday cruise and, as I mentioned, even the Haven cheapest Penthouse suite was $16,000 for three of us!

For Xmas week, unless you bid max I doubt you will get any haven.

Also you might get switched to live bidding if many people are bidding high.

The cruise I just got off of a week ago we went to live bidding. I was over $7500 person bid and was outbid on 6 categories. I did win one. This was also a 21 night cruise.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The cruise I just got off of a week ago we went to live bidding. I was over $7500 person bid and was outbid on 6 categories. I did win one. This was also a 21 night cruise.

I've bid into the "good" category on the non-haven suites, but I can't afford that on the Haven. ah, well. we'll still have a good time! 🙂

9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I did increase my most favored Haven categories, just in case. I put them in the Good category. We'll see!

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

I did increase my most favored Haven categories, just in case. I put them in the Good category. We'll see!

Remember it’s only 33 days away, and all of the categories you want are sold out, the odds are not in your favor, at all.  It’s a XMAS cruise after all their is always the possibility that someone might cancel but they will just put the haven cabin back into regular inventory and it will probably sell out within a day or so since your on such a premium date.  Happy sailing, next time if you really want haven you should try off season.

3 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Remember it’s only 33 days away, and all of the categories you want are sold out, the odds are not in your favor, at all.  It’s a XMAS cruise after all their is always the possibility that someone might cancel but they will just put the haven cabin back into regular inventory and it will probably sell out within a day or so since your on such a premium date.  Happy sailing, next time if you really want haven you should try off season.

Totally get that! It would be nice to have haven, but we'll enjoy the cruise regardless. 

On 11/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, njsmom said:

Do these bids sound good to anyone? Our cruise leaves in 33 days so we're getting close to our holiday cruise, 12/23-12/30, in a family balcony on the Prima, and I'm wondering if there's any chance of getting an upgrade. There are three of us and it shows that EVERY category is currently sold out for three people. I've actually bid QUITE a bit on a Haven or suite upgrade. The minimums were outrageous, but I did it because the rack price offered was even more outrageous (about $16,000 for the three of us) and I know we'd have a wonderful time in a Haven or a suite. I know all of these will be doubled, and I based my bids on what I want the most. I've bid $1,850 on a Haven Aft-Facing Owner's Suite with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony (H4) (minimum was $1,700), $1,850 on a Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (Minimum was $1,500), $1,850 on a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa With Large Balcony (Minimum was $1,180), $1,760 on a Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony (Minimum was $1,280), $1,400 on a Haven Penthouse with Balcony (Minimum was $1,120).  For non-Haven, I bid $1,255 on a Family Suite with Master Bedroom and Balcony (Minimum was $800), $1,120 on a Forward Facing Suite with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony (Minimum was $815), $1,255 on a Family Suite with Large Balcony (Minimum was $775), and $1,000 on an Aft-Facing Suite with Large Balcony (Minimum was $900). I did NOT bid on a Club Balcony Suite.

Thanks for that intel. I had some bids out on this cruise that were similar. I just bud quite higher. 😜 

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Just got an email for every bid we made that we were “outbid” & do we want to bid more?

Thats a first…

No that has been happening off and on for about a year, if you go back several pages you will hear about it, it seems on some, not all, but some select sailings they have been trying out a live type bidding process good luck and happy sailing 

7 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

Thanks for that intel. I had some bids out on this cruise that were similar. I just bud quite higher. 😜 

lol! I thought of that and decided it was cool if that happened. I decided today that I didn't want to pay those kind of prices, to be honest. with my new, higher-priced bids I realized I was paying as much for an upgrade as I would for an entirely new cruise. I cancelled most of my bids. No matter how much money you have, it's still a limited resource. I'd like new carpet in my house and that's $14,000. I'd rather save for that expenditure and rough it in a family balcony on the Prima. 😂

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KKB said:

Just got an email for every bid we made that we were “outbid” & do we want to bid more?

Thats a first…

You are probably in live bidding now.

Is the slide still there for poor,fair,good, better, excellent....... Or is it asking you to put in a dollar amount ?

Dawn 14day 11/27/22 Caribbean out of Tampa

Booked Inside @ $1770 & recvd $600pp FCC for price drop (Inside now = $800pp)

Won bid for Club Balcony Suite MA @ $350 pp (now $2600pp)

Probably overpaid, but saw the inventory plummeting & wanted to make DW happy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

On a sold out Xmas cruise good luck, all you are doing is raising the price for future cruise dates since one of the main reasons they have you bid on sold out categories is to capture the data for algorithms for future cruise.  Happy sailing!

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

On a sold out Xmas cruise good luck, all you are doing is raising the price for future cruise dates since one of the main reasons they have you bid on sold out categories is to capture the data for algorithms for future cruise.  Happy sailing!

I just put the bid at max!

• Like 1

I haven't been keeping track of these blog, so I may have missed an answer to the question I'm going to ask.

Are the bid offers not being put on "my ncl" any longer? My husband received an email with a bid offer and we made bids and received an email clarifing the bids. Well in the past, on "my ncl" there was a bid page which we would go back and look at often. However, not this time. 

How do you get into live bidding?

Our Dec 4 Panama Canal on the Joy just went to live bidding for the Haven Courtyard Penthouse w/ Large Balcony. I did a dummy booking yesterday as I was curious what was left and only saw 2 staterooms in this category so I expect a money grab to get as much for the very few stragglers in the Haven as they can since we're now fewer than 2 weeks out. That likely means the same happened with the 2BR suites (4 left as of yesterday), but I didn't bother bidding on those so just a guess. I had tossed a min bid on the few categories I saw as a genuine upgrade from our HI (Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony at $200pp and both types of Aft Penthouses at $400pp). Got the outbid email for the former and the latter are both sold out so I expect we'll be sticking with (and thoroughly thrilled about) the stateroom we already have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

I haven't been keeping track of these blog, so I may have missed an answer to the question I'm going to ask.

Are the bid offers not being put on "my ncl" any longer? My husband received an email with a bid offer and we made bids and received an email clarifing the bids. Well in the past, on "my ncl" there was a bid page which we would go back and look at often. However, not this time. 

How do you get into live bidding?

It’s only some select sailings that are live bid, sometimes the banner doesn’t come up when in certain browsers, try a different link or better yet review your offers from the email link.  happy sailing!