Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

8 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

First-timer question... If your bid is accepted by NCL, are you automatically upgraded and credit card automatically charged without you being consulted if you want to accept the new location?

Yes and yes. They make this very clear when you place your bid. And it's a final decision. You are not able to renege on your bid after they have accepted it.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 12:03 PM, vacation44 said:

Congratulations!

Anyone been upgraded on the Jewel lately?

We were on the 10 July Jewel sailing. I bid $170 pp for balcony from inside. Final rejection was that morning. We had a great location (8619). 

33 minutes ago, BlueNose82 said:

We were on the 10 July Jewel sailing. I bid $170 pp for balcony from inside. Final rejection was that morning. We had a great location (8619). 

We are currently in an ocean view cabin in the same location so happy to hear it is a great location.  

On 7/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Yes and yes. They make this very clear when you place your bid. And it's a final decision. You are not able to renege on your bid after they have accepted it.

Except it's not final if NCL decide they have made a mistake and they want to back out of the contract.

One sided

On 7/23/2023 at 4:16 AM, insidecabin said:

Except it's not final if NCL decide they have made a mistake and they want to back out of the contract.

One sided

Yes, per the terms and conditions agreed to when making the bid. Also, how many stories of pulled bids have you heard? I've seen.....*drumroll*.....one. 

I'm sure there are others, but certainly not many.

• Haha 3

On 7/22/2023 at 1:37 PM, BlueNose82 said:

there is such thing (final rejection ) ? 

I have two questions, if fellow posters don't mind:

1. What happens if I change my mind? Can I go back and retract my bid? (assuming I haven't gotten a confirmation yet)

2. I placed a somewhat low bid on a Spa Club Balcony suite. We currently have a regular Club balcony suite. If I go ahead and purchase spa passes separately but then my bid is later accepted, will NCL refund me the spa passes since they'd be included with the new offer?

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

1. What happens if I change my mind? Can I go back and retract my bid? (assuming I haven't gotten a confirmation yet)

2. I placed a somewhat low bid on a Spa Club Balcony suite. We currently have a regular Club balcony suite. If I go ahead and purchase spa passes separately but then my bid is later accepted, will NCL refund me the spa passes since they'd be included with the new offer?

You can cancel your bid at any time before it is accepted.  

If you win the bid on the spa room, they will refund what you paid for the spa.  I believe you would have to call them to do it.  

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I am no expert by any means, but based on what I read in the email and in this thread, as long as it still says pending you can either modify or cancel the bid.  On the second point, I understand you don't get any perks when bidding to a different level (only keep what you had with your original booking) but maybe someone can clarify about the Spa Club Balcony suites, in case that specific cabin is different in the bidding process 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Canadian1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Canadian1 said:

I am no expert by any means, but based on what I read in the email and in this thread, as long as it still says pending you can either modify or cancel the bid.  On the second point, I understand you don't get any perks when bidding to a different level (only keep what you had with your original booking) but maybe someone can clarify about the Spa Club Balcony suites, in case that specific cabin is different in the bidding process 🤷‍♀️

The spa cabins include access to the thermal spa - it goes with the cabin.  If someone wins a bid into a spa cabin, they will get access and there’s no need to purchase the pass separately.  All other perks carry forward from the original cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got upgraded 6 weeks out.... but I bid very high.

Our cruise is on Jade from Athens on Sept. 3rd and we got upgraded today.

I did a mock booking on July 22nd and there were 25 balconies (give or take)

that were available including club balconies.

I also bid for Club Balcony but they gave me balcony instead.  I guess someone

booked higher than me on club balcony.

Always booked a balcony but the prices on this cruise was outrageous. Peak season I guess.

I got a discounted inside cabin from CAS so putting in a high bid for balcony ($400pp),

I was still 1.8 k below than if I booked balcony outright with CAS discount.

I rolled the dice and won.

When I've booked Balconies, I think I've won 1out of 6 bids to Haven.  Harder to win

Haven bids.

Good luck to all who put in bids!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

Got upgraded 6 weeks out.... but I bid very high.

Our cruise is on Jade from Athens on Sept. 3rd and we got upgraded today.

I did a mock booking on July 22nd and there were 25 balconies (give or take)

that were available including club balconies.

I also bid for Club Balcony but they gave me balcony instead.  I guess someone

booked higher than me on club balcony.

Always booked a balcony but the prices on this cruise was outrageous. Peak season I guess.

I got a discounted inside cabin from CAS so putting in a high bid for balcony ($400pp),

I was still 1.8 k below than if I booked balcony outright with CAS discount.

I rolled the dice and won.

When I've booked Balconies, I think I've won 1out of 6 bids to Haven.  Harder to win

Haven bids.

Good luck to all who put in bids!

Thank you for posting your experience.   

Right now there are total 61 club balcony/balcony cabins left on our Jewel cruise next month and no movement yet on any upgrades.   

9 hours ago, news70 said:

there is such thing (final rejection ) ? 

I received a NCL email stating, "Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your offer to upgrade to Balcony Stateroom for your cruise below." Seems like a rejection to me.😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trabadeer said:

I won a bid upgrade on the NCL Jade 8/6-8/17 cruise.  Inside to balcony for $250 per person.  (Also, we booked this cruise initially on a very low fare)

Congratulations and thank you for reporting.   Do you know if there were a lot of balcony cabins left before you received the upgrade?

1 minute ago, merle65 said:

I had an inside cabin 11th floor And I bid $200 for a window which I got approved  for but on 5th floor.Now I can see water from my bed. Also bid on a balcony  for 250 but no luck.

Which ship and what sailing?

First time NCL cruiser and first solo, doing B2B cruises from Vancouver > Seward > Vancouver. I booked a GTY balcony and got my room assignment yesterday: category BA on Deck 11 (two different cabins) for both legs of the journey. 

I also got the upgrade Email, so I took a look today just out of curiosity. I'm guessing they start lower when you're going from inside to OV or OV to balcony, yes? Because the lowest starting point for any of the cabins I was presented with was $725. Given that I'm sailing solo, that means $1,500 minimum.

Is the minimum also on a sliding scale? (i.e., the closer to the sail date if they're not full, will they lower the starting bid?) A girl can dream... Hahaha.

Thanks!

Terry

• Like 1