Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

8 hours ago, gaabbee said:

If you win a bid to a larger room can you call up and add people to your trip? I heard that they may cancel your upgrade if you make any changes. 

Only the original people in your cabin can be moved to the bid cabin. Can’t add anyone from a different cabin or new booking.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I keep getting the email to bid for our august 17 proms cruise. We have the spa balcony. Is a club balcony room even an upgrade? We would also lose the convenience of having the spa right there.

I don't think the club balcony is an upgrade.  Now, "spa club balcony" would be, but you don't want to lose the spa, I would think. Is upgrading to the Haven a choice? That might be the only thing I'd upgrade to if I already had a spa balcony.  

Just now, LadyZolt said:

I don't think the club balcony is an upgrade.  Now, "spa club balcony" would be, but you don't want to lose the spa, I would think. Is upgrading to the Haven a choice? That might be the only thing I'd upgrade to if I already had a spa balcony.  

Haven definitely was an option, but I still don’t want to pay what they have as the minimum bid. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhillyTravelBug said:

Haven definitely was an option, but I still don’t want to pay what they have as the minimum bid. 

I get that. I think you should stay where you are. A spa balcony is going to be fabulous! I have a bid in for a spa balcony on our upcoming Escape cruise in September.  I've never done an upgrade bid before, so I don't have high expectations, but you never know.  🙂 

I'm traveling solo on an Alaskan cruise, and I guess due to it being later in the season (Sept) they are offering good solo discounts with no solo supplement.  Funny how if I bid, I still have to pay the bid x2 even though I'm solo and didn't pay the double cruise fare.  Since they will always charge x2 they should just make the bid per cabin and not person

1 hour ago, dad son team said:

I'm traveling solo on an Alaskan cruise, and I guess due to it being later in the season (Sept) they are offering good solo discounts with no solo supplement.  Funny how if I bid, I still have to pay the bid x2 even though I'm solo and didn't pay the double cruise fare.  Since they will always charge x2 they should just make the bid per cabin and not person

I booked on NCL Jewel 14-21 August from Seward to Vancouver without solo supplement.

3 hours ago, dad son team said:

How does just paying for the upgrade compare?

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

How does just paying for the upgrade compare?

minimum bid for the upgrade is 100pp, to just outright pay for the upgrade they are telling me $1200.  I'm not sure how they calculated that, but I was coming up with a lower amount when I book the cruise today and deduct my promos but whatever. 

2 minutes ago, dad son team said:

minimum bid for the upgrade is 100pp, to just outright pay for the upgrade they are telling me $1200.  I'm not sure how they calculated that, but I was coming up with a lower amount when I book the cruise today and deduct my promos but whatever. 

good luck

• Like 1

Is there any way to see what you’ve bid? When I click on the “upgrade” icon on the app it just shows what is available to bid on, not what has been bid. 

Sailing Encore 9/17 (6 weeks out) in club balcony. Put in multiple *low* - like minimum or barely above - bids for various Haven categories back in May-ish but cannot remember how many I put in. Received emails today that 4 of my bids had been canceled. But I cannot remember if that was all of them. I don’t even think there are any Haven cabins available for booking, but would all bids be flat-out rejected this far out?

FWIW, I have little belief that we will be upgraded. But was just surprised by the emails. 🤷🏼‍♀️

3 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

Is there any way to see what you’ve bid? When I click on the “upgrade” icon on the app it just shows what is available to bid on, not what has been bid. 

Sailing Encore 9/17 (6 weeks out) in club balcony. Put in multiple *low* - like minimum or barely above - bids for various Haven categories back in May-ish but cannot remember how many I put in. Received emails today that 4 of my bids had been canceled. But I cannot remember if that was all of them. I don’t even think there are any Haven cabins available for booking, but would all bids be flat-out rejected this far out?

FWIW, I have little belief that we will be upgraded. But was just surprised by the emails. 🤷🏼‍♀️

You may be going live bidding this far out. Been there, not nice.

2 minutes ago, User34 said:

Last night I increased my bid to a "Good" bid and got confirmation I won this morning for the Aug 14-21 Alaska sailing on the Jewel!

Congratulations!   How much was your bid before and after and what is the upgrade to and from?   We are on the Jewel two weeks later.

9 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Congratulations!   How much was your bid before and after and what is the upgrade to and from?   We are on the Jewel two weeks later.

I started at minimum bid and every few days would increase bid. I increased bid until it hit "Good"