Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I'm sailing on the GEM this friday.  I was bidding from CBS to haven 2 bdrm.   My bid was in the lower end of the fair range.   Last week the cost to directly buy an upgrade was cheaper than a poor bid.  Just above the minimum so I just bought the upgrade and canceled my bid.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, davencl said:

I'm sailing on the GEM this friday.  I was bidding from CBS to haven 2 bdrm.   My bid was in the lower end of the fair range.   Last week the cost to directly buy an upgrade was cheaper than a poor bid.  Just above the minimum so I just bought the upgrade and canceled my bid.

Love it when that works out!  I did that once last year to go from a Joy non-Haven suite to a Haven Penthouse Suite.  Was hoping to upgrade ourselves again, however, this time around, the prices for our upcoming Jewel cruise have not moved down at all.   Not at all.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, davencl said:

Where i can check the price to directly buy an upgrade instead of make a bid?

Edited by always-on-travel

34 minutes ago, always-on-travel said:

I think to have a good deal you have to offer a price less then price to buy upgrade directly, if you pay same price the is no convenience to bid.

The advantage to buying directly is that you will get the upgrade while bidding may not.  

19 hours ago, davencl said:

Same happened with me on the Epic 2BR Haven Suite.  I was able to just cancel my Spa Cabin and upgrade to the 2 BR for $113, total.  I couldn't even get to a "poor" bid for less than 10X that.

Always check to see how much a simple upgrade would cost before going the bid route.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, always-on-travel said:

When you obtain an upgrade from bid normally how many days before cruise you are notified? Last only 5 days to my cruise and i don't received any news about my bid.

The conditions outlined on the upgrade program say it can be anytime up to the day of sailing, so you have a few more days to go, it looks like.

21 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

The conditions outlined on the upgrade program say it can be anytime up to the day of sailing, so you have a few more days to go, it looks like.

Actually it includes the day of sailing. We had friends find out during checkin.  It has also been posted on CC that it has happened after you check in prior to sailing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Actually it includes the day of sailing. We had friends find out during checkin.  It has also been posted on CC that it has happened after you check in prior to sailing.

So to our friend @always-on-travel, looks like he'll need to wait until he's actually at the port to figure out where he'll be sleeping.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

So to our friend @always-on-travel, looks like he'll need to wait until he's actually at the port to figure out where he'll be sleeping.

There have been reports of people  checking in and going to the cabin where they  found out they've been upgraded.  Rare but it happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two cruises ago we bid on an upgrade and got it approved about a month prior to the cruise. We have an upcoming cruise on Pride of America in 2 weeks. For this cruise I bid on a balcony about 2 months ago. We were sent notice 2 weeks later that we didn’t win the bid… but would I like to bid on an ocean view. We ignored that email. About 2 weeks ago we were informed that they decided we won the balcony bid. I guess the saying goes “You win some… and you lose some”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, always-on-travel said:

I got the upgrade my bid was accepted!

I offer 110€ to upgrade from interior to oceanview on Norwegian Jewel. The price to buy directly the upgrade is more then 200€ so I think i have a good deal 😉

Yes you did great.

7 minutes ago, Ashlynkat said:

Looks like they're processing the Haven upgrades for the NCL Encore Oct 29th Panama Canal cruise. We got bumped to the Haven from our Club Balcony Suite! Going to enjoy that for 21 days!

Wow, early notice and congratulations!   Thank you for reporting.

43 minutes ago, Ashlynkat said:

Looks like they're processing the Haven upgrades for the NCL Encore Oct 29th Panama Canal cruise. We got bumped to the Haven from our Club Balcony Suite! Going to enjoy that for 21 days!

Wow!  That's great especially for a 21 day cruise!

Can you recall what range your bid was in?

• Like 1