When Carnival cancels my cruise in November what will they do for us?

audcc77

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think most can sympathize. I know I've been cancelled 3 times on 2 lines. You book a good price on carnival closer in because carnival seems to lower close in prices, and mine got cancelled 3 times. Took refunds all but once, one time I rebooked. 

Imo if you are booked carnival also seems to not send you targeted vipf offers others are getting so it costs in more ways than one. Each of 4 times I rebooked with carnival the price was higher. And bothered my ta to move me multiple times to get that best cabin. I think hes about done in with changes and found a side job. I feel bad for tas too. It's been rough on all.

That may be your opinion/ experience, but it's not been mine. Due to various  circumstances, I haven't been on a cruise in over 7 years. Last Dec., I  booked a Carnival cruise for this  Dec. There is hardly a day that goes by that I  don't receive the  vipf  offers.  Enjoy  your upcoming cruise, Fire(fly).

12 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

Not sure what you are referring to, perhaps another post. I did not get $600 OBC. I would prefer the 125%. I did not have “just enough” and had to pay the difference. No the OBC did not make up the difference. As I clearly stated I understand why they did what they did it is still frustrating when you have a cabin in mind and have to switch multiple times and pay the new price. There is nothing any of us can do about it. We all get to choose who we sail and when and if what the specific cruise line is offering in return for canceling is worth it. Should my cruise cancel again, I may book further out in hopes of a price that will not cost me more. Happy Cruising 

You mentioned that you had multiple cancellations.  If any of them were 7 day cruises then you would have gotten 600 in OBC, if it was 6 days or less then 300 in OBC.   Specifically what did you have OBC wise and what was the price difference.  I ask because the 600 in OBC is going to be better.

11 hours ago, mondello said:

Firefly posted about the lift and shift which sounds like a good thing. I guess it was only short term as it would be easy to take advantage by rebooking for a peak period if you originally booked off peak. Good luck on your future cruise plans.

The lift and shift was originally set up with a four week window front and back for the same dates 1 year later..  So you had a nine week window the following year.  It also had to be a similar itinerary.   Many were able to find a loophole and lift and shift to an upgraded ship.

Then the L&S option was changed to just 1 week front and back and only on certain cancellations. Don't know if it's still available or not since I already took advantage of the 125% on my Oasis booking for next year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The lift and shift was originally set up with a four week window front and back for the same dates 1 year later..  So you had a nine week window the following year.  It also had to be a similar itinerary.   Many were able to find a loophole and lift and shift to an upgraded ship.

Then the L&S option was changed to just 1 week front and back and only on certain cancellations. Don't know if it's still available or not since I already took advantage of the 125% on my Oasis booking for next year.

I also did a L&S for the Celebrity Equinox. I originally booked onboard in 2019 for a February 2021 sailing, and shifted to February 2022, same ship and itinerary. The prices were never as low as my original sailing, and I only had one sail date that fit their criteria.

I just looked at my original booking - at that time we had Zika warnings. I wonder whatever happened to Zika?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

I just looked at my original booking - at that time we had Zika warnings. I wonder whatever happened to Zika?

Zika is still around and a problem in some areas, but rarely fatal.. No vaccine available, but mosquito repellent and other measures are effective. Luckily mosquitos aren't plentiful everywhere and they shutdown when the weather gets chilly.