Johnson and Johnson vaccine

Riemercruisin

13 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Anyone sail recently with the J&J? Someone in our group is looking to do that one instead.

I sailed Sunshine 12/26 and was fully vaccinated with the J&J jab. I also had a Pfizer booster before the cruise. The booster was only recommended, although it could be required at some point in the future. Carnival requires proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test. Need to be fully vaccinated more than 14 days before cruise and negative Covid test within 2 days of cruise.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, crazy4themouse said:

With the J&J vaccine now being advised against vs Pfizer and Moderna by the advisory committee this week, due to the blood clot risk and the lesser effectiveness, I wonder if cruise lines and likewise will soon consider those with only 1 J&J shot unvaccinated?

I seriously doubt it, unless they start to require boosters, and that would be for everyone.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:36 PM, Silent Penguin said:

Hi,  I'm bringing this thread back up to ask if anyone here has sailed recently with having only received the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot vaccination.  It seems to me my daughter -who is going for her J&J shot on Monday- is worrying unnecessarily.  If she hears that others have not had any problems with Carnival allowing them to sail, she will stop worrying about it.

How old is she?  Johnson and Johnson is not recommended for young women.  My granddaughters had it before they announced that and we sweated the next 2 weeks.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:47 PM, brilliantseas said:

Currently onboard Sunrise with a single J&J, no booster. No problem so long as Carnival doesn't opt in to this new CDC nonsense with the new "excellence" tier that requires 95% of passengers and crew to be boosted. 

Thank you! It's nice when people can answer a question. I realize the situation may change and we don't know what the future holds. I just wanted to know how it was right at this moment. The person did get it, so we're good now. And that's all I can do for now.