Johnson and Johnson vaccine

Riemercruisin

My apologies if this has been asked before. In today's announcements and updated policies Carnival keeps mentioning 2 doses of the vaccine for being fully vaccinated. 

What happens to those who only received 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson  as only 1 shot is required?

Please help!!

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You are considered fully vaccinated with the one dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine after 14 days just like after 14 days with the two dose vaccines. Who knows if this will stay the same though once boosters are approved.

Do you have any official link for me? That this is acceptable for Carnival?

8 minutes ago, Riemercruisin said:

Do you have any official link for me? That this is acceptable for Carnival?

Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line

Under the heading for vaccination standards, the first sentence reads that they accept any vaccine approved by the CDC after the final dose and at least 14 days before the cruise. The one dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine regimen is approved by the CDC.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi,  I'm bringing this thread back up to ask if anyone here has sailed recently with having only received the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot vaccination.  It seems to me my daughter -who is going for her J&J shot on Monday- is worrying unnecessarily.  If she hears that others have not had any problems with Carnival allowing them to sail, she will stop worrying about it.

Just now, Silent Penguin said:

Hi,  I'm bringing this thread back up to ask if anyone here has sailed recently with having only received the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot vaccination.  It seems to me my daughter -who is going for her J&J shot on Monday- is worrying unnecessarily.  If she hears that others have not had any problems with Carnival allowing them to sail, she will stop worrying about it.

Hi, I sailed in Aug on the Magic, On the MG. in Nov, and had only taken the J and J shot, I am chicken, only wanted one shot. Have a good Trip. 

19 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

I sailed recently without any issues with the J&J.

3 hours ago, Silent Penguin said:

Yes it’s unnecessary to worry.. My wife traveled in August with the J&J.. People are causing panic for no reason… 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

With the J&J vaccine now being advised against vs Pfizer and Moderna by the advisory committee this week, due to the blood clot risk and the lesser effectiveness, I wonder if cruise lines and likewise will soon consider those with only 1 J&J shot unvaccinated?

Probably not unless CDC changes definition of fully vaccinated. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Silent Penguin said:

I would highly recommend another vaccine. The omicron data is showing 0% (zero) for J&J.

I say this as someone with J&J - just got a Moderna booster

• Like 3

I sailed over November with a J&J vaccination and had no problems.  I do know that other countries are starting to require J&J vaccinations to get a booster.  I just got my booster yesterday to be in compliance with French officials for our trip to Paris after Christmas.

16 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

With the J&J vaccine now being advised against vs Pfizer and Moderna by the advisory committee this week, due to the blood clot risk and the lesser effectiveness, I wonder if cruise lines and likewise will soon consider those with only 1 J&J shot unvaccinated?

Until and if they CDC does change guidelines and cruise lines follow suit. if you have had the J&J vaccine, you cans till cruise.  If you are currently unvaccinated and looking at the possibility of getting the J&J vs the others, do see your primary care doctor and discuss with that person the suitability/risks for J&J vs the others.

Sailed August 2021 on Horizon and Thanksgiving on the Horizon both with the J&J vaccine.  About to sail Dec 26 on the Elation also with only the J&J.  No questions, no problems and no distinction between the 2 dose vaccines and the single dose.  Just have your proof. 

• 1 month later...