Encore-Alaska-Oct 2nd to Oct 9th, 2021

graphicguy

41 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

What needs to be confirmed?

That there are any sailings to the Caribbean prior to Nov. 14th on the Encore? Perhaps not the Caribbean but a repo cruise? ….the Encore does need to travel from Seattle to Miami

Edited by cafevita
Spelling

55 minutes ago, cafevita said:

That there are any sailings to the Caribbean prior to Nov. 14th on the Encore? Perhaps not the Caribbean but a repo cruise? ….the Encore does need to travel from Seattle to Miami

Crew only to Miami this year.   21 Day Repo next year from Seattle to Miami--23 October  to 13 November

• Like 1

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

There was an ebb and flow to the bow watching Glacier Bay.  We were out there about an hour.  People took pics on one side, then left.  Once the ship turned, more people showed up, and then left again.

Where did you go (I assume on deck 8 )to gain access to the bow?

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks, but my question lacked clarity.  Do you just go the front of the port or starboard ship length corridors or is it something else?

We went to the bow, which is where the pics I posted were taken.  The entrance wasn’t  on the port or starboard side.

2 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Wow! So far you have won the weather lottery! Ketchican, maybe not🤔 Who cares! You are cruising!!

Crew says this is the best stretch of weather since they’ve been on board.  Feel fortunate.  It’s been beautiful.

I hear that comes to a screeching halt tomorrow in Ketchikan.  That’s OK.  We have no plans for tomorrow.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I hear that comes to a screeching halt tomorrow in Ketchikan.  That’s OK.  We have no plans for tomorrow.

Nice.  My plans for Ketchikan are literally "stay on the ship and have fun."  I've been there at least twice, and that has been great plenty.  A person only needs to see authentic totem poles so many times.....

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Crew says this is the best stretch of weather since they’ve been on board.  Feel fortunate.  It’s been beautiful.

We are on the cruise right before yours. Seattle for embarkation was gorgeous.  Rain in every port but beautiful for Glacier Bay. The crew is correct. I have been watching the Encore sailings and the weather has hands down been the best. Perfect attitude for Ketchican!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

We are on the cruise right before yours. Seattle for embarkation was gorgeous.  Rain in every port but beautiful for Glacier Bay. The crew is correct. I have been watching the Encore sailings and the weather has hands down been the best. Perfect attitude for Ketchican!

Thanks!

We may disembark…we may not.  We do have rain slicks and boots.  But, if we don’t, we’ll feel we’ve got much more than our money’s worth, so far!

I highly doubt we’ll do it, but we half kiddingly wondered what it would take to book the same cruise next week while we’re still on board…🙃

Cruise Next desk said they have plenty of availability.  Wonder how badly they want more guests?  😆

Wouldn’t mind doing another week of these views everyday in the Observation Lounge….

176CF6DE-2181-4F44-B22E-C485A7D941B9.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1