Does RCCL accept BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag for kids

PCHENG

I know RCCL will accept BinaxNOW test result for vaccinated adults, but what about for unvaccinated children?

CDC guideline says all unvaccinated cruisers should get PCR or NAAT test, but RCCL website says it will accept both PCR or antigen and make no distinction between vaccinated and unvaccinated so it is quite confusing.  I would hate to get my children tested with the BinaxNOW only to be told at port that they need PCR/NAAT.  

Edited by PCHENG

14 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

I know RCCL will accept BinaxNOW test result for vaccinated adults, but what about for unvaccinated children?

CDC guideline says all unvaccinated cruisers should get PCR or NAAT test, but RCCL website says it will accept both PCR or antigen and make no distinction between vaccinated and unvaccinated so it is quite confusing.  I would hate to get my children tested with the BinaxNOW only to be told at port that they need PCR/NAAT.  

I’m waiting for this answer in a different thread.  Nobody seems to know.   I’d rather do the rapid test than the pcr because of the timing but I also have a 2 year old that can’t do the binax test since it only goes down to 4. 

20 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I’m waiting for this answer in a different thread.  Nobody seems to know.   I’d rather do the rapid test than the pcr because of the timing but I also have a 2 year old that can’t do the binax test since it only goes down to 4. 

You may have no choice but to spend a couple hundred dollars on one of those one hour PCR tests such as RapiCare.

Edited by PCHENG

13 minutes ago, poocher said:

Sorry, aren’t they doing under 12 at the pier?  Are they required to test prior to that too?

Unvaccinated gets tested twice.  The first one before you arrive at port on your own money, and a second rapid test provided by RCCL free of charge at the pier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This info is from the RC website and is applicable to sailings from Florida.

Required Pre-Cruise Testing for Cruises Departing September 13, 2021 or Later

Guests departing on or after September 13, 2021 will need to meet the new requirements recently issued by the U.S. CDC.

• Vaccinated guests age 12 and older must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test taken no more than 3 daysbefore boarding. Antigen tests will not be accepted.
  • Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.
  • The cost of pre-cruise testing is the guest’s responsibility.