Odyssey Casita review

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We sail on Odyssey Dec. 3 2022.  Now that ships are sailing at full capacity, a casita sounds like a great option on sea days.  Would love a review from anyone that has rented one.  Curious - are you able to get a refund (OBC) if the weather is inclement, if an ocean view is unavailable, etc.  Are they available to rent last minute onboard at a reduced rate? Eg. just pay for the afternoon on an unrented casita.  Customer service hasn’t a clue when I call.  If anyone is currently on Odyssey, it would be amazing if you could speak to the beverage manager at the Lime and Coconut to get more information.  Thank you!,

My son and I had a casita in March during our spring break cruise.  The ship was full, so finding chairs on the pool deck would have been a challenge otherwise.  I thought it was a good value for the cost, if you think about it as a “shore excursion” onboard.  It comes with 2 bar drinks, 4 bottles of water, an ice cooler, towels, USB ports and a bit of shade.  We had the last casita towards the back of the ship on the same side as the upper level hot tub.  I liked that the ship superstructure in that area throws a bit more shade over the casita during either the morning or afternoon depending on which direction the ship is going that day.  The actual roof of the casita doesn’t provide a lot of shade unless the sun is directly overhead.  It does provide some though.  It’s also close to the windjammer and rear stairwell for going down to the pool deck. Servers also stopped by to take drink orders fairly regularly.

We’re going back on Odyssey out of Rome on 19 September and have reserved casitas for both sea days.

We rented Casitas on Odyssey last year on our B2Bover Christmas and New Year’s. The first thing to keep in mind is they are not assigned until the morning of your Casita rental. That means you have to get up to the bar above tge pool deck and wait for the guy to come out at 9:00 and take your name and assign your Casita. People are pretty brutal about getting there super early to make sure they have first choice. Some of of the Casitas are located in decent proximity to the pool but two of them are near the smoking section so you might wanna avoid those if you don’t smoke. All of The others are on an upper deck looking down over the pool. You are rarely shaded from the sun in one direction or the other. After about two hours we gave up and went to the solarium is much more comfortable and less roasting.  I think the casitas are not worth the money. They look like they would be, but in the end, unless you’re in one of the two that are right next to the pool on the good side, They really aren’t worth the money (IMHO of course)

• Like 1