Formal/Informal - another dress code thread

gizmo

You guys need to stop worrying so much about what people wear. Over on the Celebrity board someone asked if her daughter could bring her Mary Kay products onboard to sell.

Now when HAL cruisers start that, then you really should worry. :D

Sometimes I watch Match Game on the Game Show Network and almost get violently ill at what the men are wearing. Thank GOD it's not 1976.

Boy, did that bring back memories :)

My favorite -----> Dumb Dora was soooooo dumb...... and then everyone in unison............. How dumb was she??? :D

As explained by the cruise staff on the Zaandam, the upcoming informal/formal night is so called because many of the passengers received documents from their TA which mentioned there would be ony two formal nights on the schedule, so they did not come "prepared " for three. Thus those that are able will be urged to participate formally - the others may treat the evening as an informal one. It will be interesting to see how everyone participates. Stay tuned!

As explained by the cruise staff on the Zaandam, the upcoming informal/formal night is so called because many of the passengers received documents from their TA which mentioned there would be ony two formal nights on the schedule, so they did not come "prepared " for three. Thus those that are able will be urged to participate formally - the others may treat the evening as an informal one. It will be interesting to see how everyone participates. Stay tuned!

Then nothing really has changed. There are basically 3 formal nights, one of them being a bit less formal than the other 2. The other nights smart casual.

You guys need to stop worrying so much about what people wear. Over on the Celebrity board someone asked if her daughter could bring her Mary Kay products onboard to sell.

Now when HAL cruisers start that, then you really should worry. :D

This doesn't surprise me. I know a guy who gets into everything that comes down the pike. One month he is pushing gas cards, another month dental plans. He took a cruise and wrote some of it off as business. Knowing the guy I bet he was a royal pain in the butt and people ran when the saw him coming. :rolleyes:

I will have to look for that thread over on X .

Doone will be back next week and I am sure she will fill us in.

Whatever it means it is definitly another "moronic marketing wonder".

Sounds to me like one more step in the direction of "optional" formal nights on shorter cruises. Sounds like perhaps HAL may be experimenting with this on some of the ships?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I mentioned something similar in an earlier post. This does make logical sense.

Lets hope this is the answer to the recent Formal/Informal nights.:)

Sounds to me like one more step in the direction of "optional" formal nights on shorter cruises. Sounds like perhaps HAL may be experimenting with this on some of the ships?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Maybe, but someone verified that on her cruise it was a screw up with the number of days listed on the document and the number of days the ship listed. For now I will go with this explaination. :)

If Doone's Formal/Informal night was not because of a screw up I wil go back to "moronic marketing wonder".:eek:

many of the passengers received documents from their TA which mentioned there would be ony two formal nights on the schedule, so they did not come "prepared " for three.

Huh?

Documents from their TA?????

What "documents" come from the TA describing the number of Formal Nights??

The only documents that should have come "from" a TA are those that come from HAL to the TA and from the TA to the passengers. Hence, PERHAPS what happened is that the printer messed up and printed the wrong number of formal nights in the cruise documentation. That COULD happen. But that would be an accident, NOT a new policy.

Actually, the HAL documents we received for this cruise did say 2 formal, three informal nights. Since it is a 10 day cruise with 4 sea days, I just disregarded the info as a misprint. However, those not familar with HAL customs took the info as factual (as they should). Thus we have an informal/formal night tomorrow night.

No more comments on this subject from me. Captain Timmers is casting aside the mooring lines and we are about to drpart for Panama - and the BBQ is about to begin.

Cheers!

Greg, I had the same reaction. Laughed aloud when I read "documents from the TA" as if they didn't come from HAL!!! Too funny.

Thinking about the Mary Kay cosmetics thing ... the real problem for me would come if that Mary Kay lady is the same one who wonders if there's a nude sunbathing deck:o !! Now there's a picture!!!!

Actually, the HAL documents we received for this cruise did say 2 formal, three informal nights. Since it is a 10 day cruise with 4 sea days, I just disregarded the info as a misprint. However, those not familar with HAL customs took the info as factual (as they should). Thus we have an informal/formal night tomorrow night.

So, I was right ... the error was on the part of the printer that prints up the cruise line's documentation that is sent out to passengers. Otherwise, they wouldn't be offering an "Informal/Formal" night. :)

Oy Vey! :eek:

Leisure suits always remind me of my Father-in-Law. He wore a yellow and baby blue checked leisure suit with the seam down the front of the pants dutifully sewn in by my Mother-in-Law. He wore a baby blue shirt, white belt and white sneakers to finish off the look.:rolleyes:

He thought he was a real lady killer in this outfit. Suave, sophisticated.

Are you sitting down...This was his funeral attire. When he was in his eighties, those were the highlights of his social life. He wore this suit through the 1990's.

Ah, the memories. Thanks guys.

Linda

[quote name='dsawyer']You guys need to stop worrying so much about what people wear. Over on the Celebrity board someone asked if her daughter could bring her Mary Kay products onboard to sell.

Now when HAL cruisers start that, then you really should worry. :D[/QUOTE]
That's IT! :eek: AMWAY :eek: That's why people are missing from cruise ships :eek: Better buy that soap :p

[quote].....the real problem for me would come if that Mary Kay lady is the same one who wonders if there's a nude sunbathing deck:o !! Now [I][B]there's [/B][/I]a picture!!!![/quote]

[B][SIZE=4]Wow! Hadn't heard of a NUDE sunbathing deck.[/SIZE][/B]

Now that I know that there isn't a [COLOR=Red]rule[/COLOR] against topless sunbathing, I might have to pursue this.

Thanks for the heads-up! ;)

[QUOTE]Now that I know that there isn't a rule against topless sunbathing, I might have to pursue this.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure that you wear a "cover up," shoes, and a bathing suit while in transit through the ship's interior from your stateroom to the outside. :) ;)

HAL's dress code relative to this:

[QUOTE]We ask that you wear shoes and a cover-up over a bathing suit when walking through the interior of the ship. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='herb']if it's [B]strictly formal[/B], a suit would not be permissible, and ball gowns would be in order.[/QUOTE]

*laffin* can't help myself.. this reminds me of one of my dad's favorite jokes.. he'd tell folks he had his "dancing" pants on.. when they'd bite and inquire as to what made them his dancing pants, he'd grin and explain "plenty of ballroom"..

and folks wonder why I turned out twisted..

Archived