Now we are really screwed...

Shippy

19 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Just got a text from MSC

Must get tested within 2 days not 3.

We will be traveling from dawn to dusk on Thursday.

Now have to try and find a rapid test in Miami a long with thousands of others....

We’re in the same situation and would appreciate any info about testing sites in Miami.  I have been searching for days to eliminate doing it here and will post anything I find. 

17 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

We’re in the same situation and would appreciate any info about testing sites in Miami.  I have been searching for days to eliminate doing it here and will post anything I find. 

i just had a medical center tell me they no longer do rapid test in Miami

I'd expect a test facility especially for cruisers in Miami, with direct communication with the ships to tell who's OK. If I needed my clientele, paying for and expecting 5* treatment, to go through this inconvenience, I'd make sure that people would show on YouTube that while the test itself was a lousy experience, the fun started before embarkation. Bubbles at the entrance, then the test, the forms, the luggage, and then a few hours waiting for the results.  With an open bar with the best cocktails and live music. You'd get texted when the results are in and you're officially allowed to embark. Where "embark" might mean stumbling to your state room and skipping dinner.

But I understand correctly that MSC didn't even bother to tell you where to find a test facility in the cruise capital of the world? 

• Like 1

MSC was touting originally that at THEIR COST, they would be testing everyone at the pier. Guess they ran the numbers and saw it would be more of a loss then it was worth. So let’s put it on the guests who need a spreadsheet to just stay up to date with all their changes every other day it seems like. 

• Like 1

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COST AT THIS POINT !

JUST NEED A RAPID TEST !

Unfortunately, we leave the San Francisco airport before the airport clinic opens or i could get a test there.

Do not get to Miami until after 6pm.... layover in Phoenix...not long enough to find a test & then the time change so Thursday is out.

That only leaves Friday....

having a breakdown.......       :O(

Now everything in Miami is closed, most for the weekend so cannot even do more research... very frustrating...

Just now, Shippy said:

JUST NEED A RAPID TEST !

Unfortunately, we leave the San Francisco airport before the airport clinic opens or i could get a test there.

Do not get to Miami until after 6pm.... layover in Phoenix...not long enough to find a test & then the time change so Thursday is out.

Now everything in Miami is closed, most for the weekend so cannot even do more research... very frustrating...

PS.

just spoke to MSC

they are sorry about the situation but cannot help !

7 minutes ago, Shippy said:

JUST NEED A RAPID TEST 

I was just being facetious if you didn’t get it. MSC advised their guests that they were going to test us at the pier and then changed their mind. Now we all know they need to follow the CDC protocols, but why not still offer their guests testing at the pier? Or possibly some local testing site?  That’s my issue with them. Why are we the ones who have to scramble last minute to find testing?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Shippy said:

JUST NEED A RAPID TEST !

Check sky harbor.com  / Phoenix Airport seems to offer rapid Covid test. Click on Before traveling.

How long is your layover? Perhaps you can schedule it there?

Covid testing is available in Terminal 4. 8am to 5pm.

It is $250 for rapid test

Expreschek.com- let me know if you need more info.
I know airports at Seattle and Los Angeles at Covid testing on site.

Edited by phissy

Go to CVS.com’s COVID section and find the test scheduling page. Use Port Miami (or your hotel) as location. I know a lot of the state was low on test supplies, but many areas were restocked over the past week. My Cocoa Beach CVS has plenty now. Walgreens.com may have the same.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

I was just being facetious if you didn’t get it. MSC advised their guests that they were going to test us at the pier and then changed their mind. Now we all know they need to follow the CDC protocols, but why not still offer their guests testing at the pier? Or possibly some local testing site?  That’s my issue with them. Why are we the ones who have to scramble last minute to find testing?  

My understanding is that they will still test everyone at the port as they are doing in Europe, even here People have to do a pre cruise test.

4 minutes ago, SeaBrz said:

Go to CVS.com’s COVID section and find the test scheduling page. Use Port Miami (or your hotel) as location. I know a lot of the state was low on test supplies, but many areas were restocked over the past week. My Cocoa Beach CVS has plenty now. Walgreens.com may have the same.

CVS told me no rapid tests in Miami

Well this changes lots of things … just received this MSC email  …

This is an important update from MSC Cruises regarding your departure on 9/26/2021 for booking #: 385xxxx  and a recent update from the CDC which shortens the length of time allowed for pre-cruise Covid-19 testing for fully vaccinated guests from 3 days to 2 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation.

Edited by SeaBrz
Email removed

Just now, lovemycruisetoo said:

Not sure about that anymore. Just checked their website and no mention of it unless your on the cruise. 

7AAD053B-03C3-4176-AA87-08B781794CD4.png

Spoke to MSC & they said they do not test at the port anymore.

If they did....I never would have started this thread. It would have solved all my problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Just tried to order & it said I do NOT qualify for a test ?????

Do I fudge & answer yes to one of the questions ?

Yes, to the first question for air travel.

When is your cruise?

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, phissy said:

MIA airport offers Covid testing 24 hours a day, at 2 terminals.

Apparently they offer both walk ins and by appt.
Go to MIA airport-  Covid testing.

They offer antigen test.

BLESS YOU>>>>

I can now sleep tonight.

I did check on them.

One is 24 hrs the other 7am to 9 pm

both offer rapid tests

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1