Sunset Cruises - Catamaran or Schooner?

emory2001

I searched before asking and nothing with the word “schooner” even showed up, so of the Aruba sunset cruises (specifically Royal Caribbean excursions), does anyone know whether the catamaran one or the schooner one is better? The schooner one is about $20 more per person, but I can’t figure out why. They seem like basically the same cruise on different types of boats. Even if you’ve done just one of them, I’d appreciate your thoughts on it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, eab said:

A year later and I'd also like to know the answer to this question.  Anyone sailed recently to Aruba and been on the Sunset cruises?

We ended up doing the catamaran sunset cruise in Aruba and it was FANTASTIC! Highly recommend. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, emory2001 said:

We ended up doing the catamaran sunset cruise in Aruba and it was FANTASTIC! Highly recommend. 

Was this a private sunset cruise or off of a cruise ship?  If private, please let me know who you used.

Thanks, Bill

3 hours ago, ssawjo said:

Was this a private sunset cruise or off of a cruise ship?  If private, please let me know who you used.

Thanks, Bill

Official Royal Caribbean excursion, but they contract with local servicers. I think I remember seeing Red Sail Aruba on the boats.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

We did the Schooner one and it was amazing, we preferred it over a Cat.   I would do either but given a chance with Royal or Celebrity try the Schooner one.  IMO 

Interestingly enough if anyone has been to St. Martin and done the Spirt of St. Martin the schooner in Aruba is the sister to that sailboat.

• 2 months later...