Can I use a CruiseNext AND a CruiseFirst certificate on one booking?

KKB

I thought we couldn't.

But an email I got today seems to suggest otherwise....

In the Title: Redeem Your CruiseNext Deposit Today & Save BIG

Then in the text it mentions all the extras including $250 CruiseFirst...

Yet here are the terms (linked in the email) for CruiseFirst - https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program?type=notfamily&type=cn&type=notfcc&cheetahid=5000112621770&mi_u=5000112621770&cid=EM_MKL_PAG_CRN_EML_tac3_EML_CRUISEFIRST_CNDEP090721

With this as the pertinent section - 

"CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, chartered sailings, barter cruises, employee discounts, friends and family pricing, Sailaway (categories: IX, OX, BX, MX), interline and travel agent rates."

19 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

What is the difference between Cruise Next & Cruise First? I read them both and not seeing it

My understanding is a CruiseNext would be the voucher you buy on an existing cruise to apply to a future cruise and the CruiseFirst is a voucher anyone can buy through NCL right now. 

They both act in the same way in terms of having a bonus value beyond what you paid (ie. CruiseNext buy for $125 and get $250 value and CruiseFirst buy for $250 and get $500 value).

I did note that in the T&C of the CruiseFirst, if you cancel the cruise you applied the certificate to, you loose the "extra" value. I would guess the amount you paid would be retained in an FCC or "CruiseFirst" voucher (worth $250) but the bonus additional value of $250 on top of it would be lost.

You can cancel a cruise booked with a CruiseNext and it still retains its "extra" value when you use it on a future booking.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

What is the difference between Cruise Next & Cruise First? I read them both and not seeing it

CruiseNext is bought on board a cruise, CruiseFirst was (seemingly) a program to drum up some revenue early in the pandemic and could be purchased despite not being on a cruise.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JillK said:

CruiseNext buy for $125 and get $250 value

I believe this was only when bought as a pair, it's a BOGO offer where they charge your account for the full value then credit you back half of what you paid, but only when bought as multiple.  If you buy only one at $250 you only get $100 back so the single certificate only costs you $150.

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

• Haha 1