IONA Deck 5

Bashyman

Hi all,

We've just booked a 7 night cruise for 2023 using out FCC from P & O on the IONA.

Only been on one cruise (Ventura) in 2019, had 14 night cruise booked on Britannia for 2020, which then got moved to 2021, now is moved to 2022 🙂

I've a couple of questions, we are a family of 4 and have booked two Large inside cabins next to each other on Deck 5 (5471/5473). Are these going to be really noisy cabins as Deck 5 is below the main deck.

Has anyone experience in staying on this deck? I could've booked Deck 4, which probably would've been quieter, but my son and wife suffer from sea sickness a little, and on the Ventura we stayed on deck 5...only realised after that it is below main deck on the IONA

Also, is there an arcade for the kids on the IONA (ages 12/14)? We're going in February (Western Europe), so will be freezing. Plus are any of the pools heated?

Cheers

On 9/8/2021 at 6:13 AM, AndyMichelle said:

Check out a u toob vlog by Andy & Kirstie, you should find it with a simple Google search. 

I am pretty sure they stayed on deck 5 and remarked how quiet it was. 

Andy 

We were a bit worried about being allocated a deck 5 balcony on our staycation cruise. They seem ok, but wonder what they will be like for noise when it parks up at the docks in Gibraltar at 5.00 am. All those forklifts with their reversing beepers going.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2021 at 5:43 AM, Bashyman said:

Hi all,

We've just booked a 7 night cruise for 2023 using out FCC from P & O on the IONA.

Only been on one cruise (Ventura) in 2019, had 14 night cruise booked on Britannia for 2020, which then got moved to 2021, now is moved to 2022 🙂

I've a couple of questions, we are a family of 4 and have booked two Large inside cabins next to each other on Deck 5 (5471/5473). Are these going to be really noisy cabins as Deck 5 is below the main deck.

Has anyone experience in staying on this deck? I could've booked Deck 4, which probably would've been quieter, but my son and wife suffer from sea sickness a little, and on the Ventura we stayed on deck 5...only realised after that it is below main deck on the IONA

Also, is there an arcade for the kids on the IONA (ages 12/14)? We're going in February (Western Europe), so will be freezing. Plus are any of the pools heated?

Cheers

Could I ask if you stayed in this cabin and how was it for noise?