Advice on Conquest Cabin Location

texas greeneyes

Exactly where? I was midship on that deck on the Valor. Near the elevators close to the laundry room. I swear someone put tennis shoes in the drier on more than one occasion. I think the loudest noise was from the hall. I think the room doors are thin. My DS and B-in-Law said the same thing on the empress deck. Any talking in the hall or when the room stewards got out the vacumn cleaners in the morning--it seemed like they were right in your room. This of course applies to all floors!!! Had a great trip--don't worry too much.

We had cabin 8292 on the Verandah deck and it was wonderful. It was a balcony cabin mid ship on the port side. We always try to get that floor and as mid ship as we can. There was no noise from above or the other cabins. It is convenient to just go up the stairs get breakfast from the buffet and bring it down to the balcony.

how about cabins on the lido deck? Anyone tried those?

We had 9287 on Lido, and thought the location was great. We didn't have any noise from the deck above (we were under deck chairs), and it's a very convenient location for the Lido deck buffet and bars. Several times I had an afternoon gin and tonic that I would bring back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony.

We had cabin 8292 on the Verandah deck and it was wonderful. It was a balcony cabin mid ship on the port side. We always try to get that floor and as mid ship as we can. There was no noise from above or the other cabins. It is convenient to just go up the stairs get breakfast from the buffet and bring it down to the balcony.

Could you feel alot of movement on the Verandah deck?

Could you feel alot of movement on the Verandah deck?

Not really. There was only 1 night out of seven that was rough, but I felt more movement in the dining room that night than I did in our room, the dining room was on a much lower level. I had to leave before dessert. OH NO!! But went to the room and felt much better.

I always take Bonine on a cruise. I have never gotten seasick, but I take it just in cause. I never got sick that night, just a little light headed in the dining room.

The rest of the time was great. You forget you are on a ship, until you look out.

• 4 weeks later...

For our cruise on the Conquest in October, DW and I have the cabin at the front, starboard on the Empress Deck. We have been on the Empress Deck on other Carnival ships and had no problems. This is placed between all of the events and the elevators aren't that far away.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from the Conquest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So SAD!!!

We had room 8364 (Balcony) -----Kids had room 8362 (inside) across the hall!

I Loved the Verandah Deck!!!!!!!!!! The only noise I heard was when we were outside on the balcony. From the balcony you could (sometimes) here a little noise from the Lido deck. When we were in either one of the rooms..........it was very quiet!!

The location is great! Right down the hall from elevators and stairs! One floor below Lido Deck (FOOOOOOOD) -- Quick and Easy to climb one flight of stairs.

It also was a very quiet floor in general! There was A LOT of partying going on and there were A LOT of drunk younger people on the ship!!! But I never saw one of them on this deck! I think most of the younger crowd was on the lower decks!!!(cheaper price)

Anyway, I think you will definitely enjoy your cabin location!!!!

I was really worried being under the buffet, but you made me feel better! You didn't hear anything from above? No carts, dishes rattling, no stomping, no being awakend at 6am? DH loved the location. What type of noise did you hear from the lido? Was it during the day when the band was playing, etc? What about the overhang (from lido above) over your balcony, did it make you shadier? I also notice that it is close to the stewards area. Did that help or hinder your experience? Do you think I should keep what I have or move to empress deck? I know these are alot of questions, but it is our first balcony and first cabin with something being on top besides other rooms. You are the only person that I have found that had a cabin in the general vicinity!~Glad you had a great cruise! Let me in on any secrets!

I was really worried being under the buffet, but you made me feel better! You didn't hear anything from above? No carts, dishes rattling, no stomping, no being awakend at 6am? DH loved the location. What type of noise did you hear from the lido? Was it during the day when the band was playing, etc? What about the overhang (from lido above) over your balcony, did it make you shadier? I also notice that it is close to the stewards area. Did that help or hinder your experience? Do you think I should keep what I have or move to empress deck? I know these are alot of questions, but it is our first balcony and first cabin with something being on top besides other rooms. You are the only person that I have found that had a cabin in the general vicinity!~Glad you had a great cruise! Let me in on any secrets!

Well, I'm not an expert on this by any means! First cruise.

The only time we heard any noise was when we were on the balcony. Then it was only a few times........chairs being moved, I think? Was NOT a big deal at all! We LOVED the balcony! But, if I could move to the empress deck and get a FREE suite......I would probably move to the suite! Either place should be fine!

The cabin stewards did not bother us at ALL! We would see them in passing.........but they were ALWAYS very nice and courteous!

The overhang from the Lido deck was bigger. Our balcony was pretty much always shady. But, you didn't have to worry about anyone spilling,spitting, etc. on your head as you were leaned out over the rail!!

We loved this deck and the location of our rooms. We were close to the stairs/elevator = FOOD! We could also use the hallways on our deck to quickly get from one end of the ship to the other without having to navigate through all the public areas. I was also worried about the noise from the Lido deck........but, the noise was not a factor!!!! I really enjoyed being close to the LIDO deck.......I had DW, DS (9), DS (14), and DD (6) ------so trying to get all these people from one place to another (food to shows, etc) was sometimes a challenge.........the Verandah deck was wonderful.....................BUT>>>>>>>>>>right now>>>>>>>>>ANY deck would be wonderful......I wish we were going with you.....have a wonderful cruise!!!!!

We are staying in 8276 on the Verandah deck. Anyone stay in this room? Also what deck is the basketball court on? Thanks so much!

We stayed on the verandah deck last week! We loved it! The basketball court is on the Spa Deck (AFT). It is outside. Basketball court and volleyball court are enclosed by a netting.

Archived