Advice on Conquest Cabin Location

texas greeneyes

Hello, me again! Hate to be obsessive but, how many feet out was the overhang on your balcony, from the cabin wall? How many feet wide was the balcony? What was directly above you on the lido deck above and was the floor above carpet or tile? How far from the buffet slliding doors(heard you can hear the doors slide). Were the stairwells up to the buffet noisy? Thank you!

Hey Cornbread375, glad you had a Great Cruise on the Conquest!

I see you are from De Valles Bluff. I was there last year to visit family. Had to eat at Craigs for BBQ 3 times.THE BEST! Are you originally from there. My mom was born there.

Hello, me again! Hate to be obsessive but, how many feet out was the overhang on your balcony, from the cabin wall? How many feet wide was the balcony? What was directly above you on the lido deck above and was the floor above carpet or tile? How far from the buffet slliding doors(heard you can hear the doors slide). Were the stairwells up to the buffet noisy? Thank you!

Hey there.......I don't know exactly how far the overhang came out, but it did cover the entire balcony. You couldn't sunbath or anything out there. I think one of the Lido deck buffet/seating was right above our room. Guess in that section it would be carpet......but, we very seldom heard anything from above us...........never heard anything while in the room. Like I said, I think we heard a little noise while out on the balcony, but nothing major.............I would definitely book this deck again!

We never heard anything from the sliding doors, elevators, ect.........from our door you had to walk down the hall and aroud another section of inside rooms to get to the stairs/elevators...........the stairs/elevators were in the center of the ship.........we never heard them at all!

As for the dimensions of the balcony........I have no idea...i think they tell the dimensions on the CCL site.........I think it was about 5' wide and 10" long........had two chairs w/ a small table in between. Nothing huge, but very relaxing..........we loved our balcony.

Hey Cornbread375, glad you had a Great Cruise on the Conquest!

I see you are from De Valles Bluff. I was there last year to visit family. Had to eat at Craigs for BBQ 3 times.THE BEST! Are you originally from there. My mom was born there.

SURE ENOUGH..............Craigs is the BEST BBQ i have every eaten.......been eating it all my life!!!!!!!!! If you come back down, make sure you try the RIBS......there wonderful. I'm sure I know your mom, my family has been around here for probably 100+ years..........

We had reserved 7368 (Empress, cat 8B, aft port, not near any elevators), but got moved with no warning ahead of time to 7315. If I read the web pages of deck layouts correctly, this was (oh my) a cat 12. :D :D It was GORGEOUS. And huge, so useful with two small boys (2 and 7) and too much stuff! We were completely spoiled for any future cruises! Empress is between two other decks with cabins (which we chose deliberately), and this cabin was just aft of where the overhang started. Almost dead center fore-aft, certainly centered over the very middle lifeboat. For us it was a great location, and an absolutely beautiful cabin! It was also pretty quiet -- we rarely heard people out in the hall, and not that often did we hear others on other balconies. (We booked way back in mid-August, no other explanation for why we got so lucky to get moved, much less there.)

Carolyn

Conquest last week!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
we are back of ship in 8434 leaving next sunday on conquest. yee-ha!

crystal - can you advise re any noise in your cabin? Thinking of booking similar cabin on sister ship and worried about being under aft bar/pizzeria area. Found a post by someone who had this cabin on the Liberty and said the noise was pretty awful between 1 and 4 am as they restocked the bar and cleaned the area, dragging chairs around!

Wondering what your experience was as right now I am inclined not to book this cabin to the negative experience of the Liberty cruiser.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

Archived