Rapid Diagnostic Test ( ID NOW )

DAVLIB007

Or maybe people just need assurance or want confirmation based on other's experiences and there's nothing wrong with that.  I agree, you have to do some research on some of the tests because they're not worded exactly the same on the Carnival website. But this site is a great place to share info with other cruisers so why don't we try to help each other?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

Or maybe people just need assurance or want confirmation based on other's experiences and there's nothing wrong with that.  I agree, you have to do some research on some of the tests because they're not worded exactly the same on the Carnival website. But this site is a great place to share info with other cruisers so why don't we try to help each other?

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, I agree wholeheartedly. 
Finding it interesting isn’t akin to negative criticism… (for me anyway) it’s like people watching… 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanger727 said:

It's on walgreen's website. I don't know, I assume people read things and do their own research.

Well, I'd say you're kidding yourself then. Here on Cruise Critic, where the most die-hard cruisers hang out, yeah, we know. (Mostly) But out of the general public cruisers, They don't know. The only thing that saves them is the fact that, aside from non-proctored home tests, as far as I can tell virtually all other commonly available tests qualify.

They go to Walgreens and see there is a rapid test to fit their 2 day testing window, so they sign up. Do you honestly believe the average person clicks through to the FAQs at Carnival to see the detailed list of the types of tests that qualify, and that they then click through at the Walgreens site to see the descriptions of the different test and see that magic word "NAAT" is there?

No, they don't. They just see it's a Covid test and they need a Covid test. And that works as long as almost all of the available tests are accepted I guess.

• Like 1

I was just coming here to say the same thing.  I tried to order the emed 6 pack a few minutes ago, and yes, sold out.  So mad at myself for procrastinating.

My understanding is that it's the exact same test through Optum, so I just bought their 3 pack for $100.  Not as good of a price as emed but as long as I receive my order, I'm happy.

1 hour ago, PVMEX2021 said:

EMed is out of stock.  Has anyone used Optum to order these tests?

Hopefully Abbott will be able to ramp up production soon to replenish eMed's stock.  And, hope it will be new stock with a fresh 12 month expiration, instead of 8 month old stock with 4 months left.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:07 PM, Brkintx said:

This!  (Check the website, check it often, and read the actual information there...) 

( PS: I always find it interesting that there are many different threads essentially asking the same type of question when a brief visit to Carnival's site will provide that info. ) 🤣

gotta tell you I have been semi frantically searching this board for the answer about walgreens. No I did no go to the carnival website, because I was using the email they sent specifying required test. Unfortunately that email does not break down the name of the tests as in the detail and my walgreens test words did not match email. I called carnival---too busy and my pcp was not much help. After 45 mins of searching, I finally got to this point in thread that provides the carnvial website info. I am a smart person, but I assumed carnival's email would have mirrored the website, never assume and now Iknow.  Thanks for all who asked and answered, bon voyage !!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:54 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

Well, I'd say you're kidding yourself then. Here on Cruise Critic, where the most die-hard cruisers hang out, yeah, we know. (Mostly) But out of the general public cruisers, They don't know. The only thing that saves them is the fact that, aside from non-proctored home tests, as far as I can tell virtually all other commonly available tests qualify.

They go to Walgreens and see there is a rapid test to fit their 2 day testing window, so they sign up. Do you honestly believe the average person clicks through to the FAQs at Carnival to see the detailed list of the types of tests that qualify, and that they then click through at the Walgreens site to see the descriptions of the different test and see that magic word "NAAT" is there?

No, they don't. They just see it's a Covid test and they need a Covid test. And that works as long as almost all of the available tests are accepted I guess.

see I just saw the NAAT on my test result and that caused my panic BECAUSE the email carnival provided about required testing did not list it that way and despite knowing better than assume, I did assume carnival website would mirror what was on their email. So Ive spent minutes on hold while searching these boards, I got my answer here, carnival never answered the call lol. But good news, I cruise tomorrow!