Panorama sauna & steam room ?

monakayk

52 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

They are not free . I just had spa passes on the Panorama.  

Do you remember if there was a sauna in the men's locker room? In both the Vista and Horizon there's a small complementary Sauna in the Spa Men's Locker room that anyone can access.

What I found interesting is when they created the Sunshine they had a similar locker room setup as the Vista class. But when they refurbished the second Destiny class ship to the Sunrise they no longer included a single sex sauna in the spa Locker rooms. Instead they made a co-ed Sauna that's right outside the respective locker rooms. That is the case on the new Mardi Gras.  

Edited by kwokpot

Yes, a free dry sauna adjacent to the Men's Locker room.  The first day it took 20 minutes to head up, as I guess I was the first to get there in a while.  By the third day it was up to max temp most mornings.

Very seldom anyone was there but me 9:30 - 10 am.

The lockers have a combination that you can choose, or opt not to.

David

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 1:16 AM, Caribbean Drifters said:

the imagination/inspiration had the same thing. 

Not quite, the Fantasy class, in addition to a sauna, also had a separate steam room in both the men's and ladies locker rooms. Panorama only has a comp sauna in the locker room and only two showers. The Spirit class ships still have the best locker room size and features that are included in your cruise fare imo.

2 hours ago, AHS123 said:

Not quite, the Fantasy class, in addition to a sauna, also had a separate steam room in both the men's and ladies locker rooms. Panorama only has a comp sauna in the locker room and only two showers. The Spirit class ships still have the best locker room size and features that are included in your cruise fare imo.

Seems like most of the mainstream cruiselines are eliminating single sex, COMPLEMENTARY steam and sauna facilities on new builds and even during major refurbishments. That's what's happening with the Sunshine class refurbs. If they ever do major refurbishments of the Spirit class you can be sure those single sex complementary steam and saunas will be taken out. Royal has done the same on their new builds and refurbs. In fact with Royal new builds they no longer have locker rooms for the Fitness Center and the Spa Locker rooms are only for people with thermal suite passes. Same with NCL. Same with Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, AHS123 said:

I was not referring to the Panorama.

Just FYI: There is a listing I found that tries to list every ship and the steam room / Sauna. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit#gid=836403675 

Please feel free to update as you find new information. 

I have no idea who generated/owns the spreadsheet, but my few updates have stuck in there.

I grew up in northern Michigan and there were a large Finish sub-culture with saunas in my friends households. Only chance I get to do them now is when I go cruising.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Caribbean Drifters said:

I was not referring to the Panorama.

I am as a comparison to Fantasy Class since you mentioned Imagination and Inspiration which are two Fantasy class ships.

Edited by AHS123

• 2 weeks later...