Disappointments, Disappointments

dmk

There are several reasons I love the big X; most of which have been listed already, but right now the best reason is our cruise is finally less than 100 days away!!

No matter how early or late in the day, even on day 11 of a cruise, any crew member you say "how are you today? " they always answer "wonderful" or similar adjective.

Great crew!

• 11 months later...

With all the negativity that has been on this board for a while, I thought it was time to resurrect this thread.

Hopefully, some of the newcomers can add their new found delights on sailing Celebrity. And for those of us who have been around for awhile, perhaps we have found some new things to enjoy about Celebrity, too.

I'd like to compliment the Martini Bar, bartenders. They all seem to have terrific personalities. I don't know how they manage, after a day or so, to remember your name and your favorite drinks. There are so many people that come to the Martini bar for drinks before dinner.

With all the negativity that has been on this board for a while, I thought it was time to resurrect this thread.

Hopefully, some of the newcomers can add their new found delights on sailing Celebrity. And for those of us who have been around for awhile, perhaps we have found some new things to enjoy about Celebrity, too.

I'd like to compliment the Martini Bar, bartenders. They all seem to have terrific personalities. I don't know how they manage, after a day or so, to remember your name and your favorite drinks. There are so many people that come to the Martini bar for drinks before dinner.

dmk, my favorite thread:).....I agree with you about those

bartenders:D...they are so nice, helpful, courteous about

everything and to top it off, they make a mean drink too;)

I would add my vote for the bartenders - but our favorite place ends up at the Cova Bar. It's like Cheers - after just a few hours - they always know your name - and they ALWAYS know your drink :D

This will be our first time on Infinity - but I know that Cova Bar will be our home away from home.

I would add my vote for the bartenders - but our favorite place ends up at the Cova Bar. It's like Cheers - after just a few hours - they always know your name - and they ALWAYS know your drink :D

This will be our first time on Infinity - but I know that Cova Bar will be our home away from home.

They can make you a Martini in Cova too:D they have a full

bar behind that counter;). I have a suggestion if you want

to try a wonderful drink..its called an ASPEN COFFEE.

1/3 Kahluah, 1/3 Bailey's, 1/3 Frangelica, along with your

coffee, it is fabulous:)

Lois,

I am giggling to myself. I was going to add to the bottom of my post..."And what do you think, Lois?" I was that sure you'd be the first person to add to this thread. I ckickened out. But here you are the first person to reply.:D You've resurrect this thread, before, yourself.

It was time;)

Hi Darcie:)

Juro on Mercury

Victoria and Eduardo on Galaxy

Sudi on Century

See a pattern here?:D :) ;)

dmk, I guess we think the same way:)

Lois, dmk,

What a wonderful way to steer all of us to the positive. And to think this thread started in 2006!!!

I've just read every post and I'm now hungry!!!

What a great time we had on Summit going to Hawaii last year. Celebrity did raise the bar for us and we are now cruising the Equinox next year.

It's a long way away but this thread has brought all the GOOD times and experiences back. It reminded us of all the right reasons there are to book a Celebrity cruise.

Besides all the great food and greater staff, no one mentioned stopping by Michaels Club for that last night cap and enjoying the piano music and trivia. We fell into that habit after the first night. Ahhhh.....to feel the ship and relax in that lounge.

Jerry and Patty.

1810373915_BananaCreamPie.jpg.3f808c7b427f0f84dbb9a2a06c58bad3.jpg

I like all the people we have met on Celebrity. I love being able to dance before dinner with music I feel comfortable dancing to. I love being pampered by each of the room attendants we have had on our Celebrity cruises. I love being able to go in the wonderful warm pool before we have to get ready for dinner. AND, I absolutely love the desserts in the spa area and wonderful almond pastries in the Cafe Cova every morning. Most of all, I love how relaxed both my husband and I feel when our cruise is over. Thanks for bringing this thread back.

Afetrnoon ice cream and coffee

Waffles with blueberries and whipped cream

Formal nights

Chocolates and the evening "paper" after dinner in our room

Sail away parties

Oh the list goes on and on!!

oh I love so many different things!!

Goat Cheese Souffle

Waffles with berries and whipped cream

Aspen Coffee at the Cova

Prime Rib with horseradish

The little finger sandwiches and lucious pies at tea time

This little fresh cream filled pastry at the Aqua Spa Cafe with some fruit drizzled on it

Yummy salads and desserts

To tell you the truth , I liked about everything and it is close to lunch time and all this is making me reallly hungry!

Oh , I miss the Summit.

I hope the Mariner of the Sea has lots of decadent things too..

Kim

An excellent thread!

Our first X cruise is coming up Feb/09 on the Constellation

Things that we look forward to:

+ Sitting on our Balcony - sipping wine and watching the flying fish.

+The Aqua Spa Cafe

+Martini Bar

+Room Service Breakfast

+Escargot

+The Breadsticks everone seems to talk about on the forums

+Lobster, Prime Rib and just about everything else on the menu.

+The ambience of the ship(as described by folks on this forum)

+Cova Cafe - coffee & desserts

plus many other things I can't remember at this point -

Thanks to the posters on this forum - you have really made us excited and truly look forward to our Constellation cruise.

we love how Celebrity treats us. I know people are entitled to post whatever they wish, but the negative stuff gets old. Here is how I am. If I have a problem with X I talk to X directly, most of the time to my satisfaction. If I am unhappy with X I am free to use another line. Why keep cruising the same line and keep complaining about it if your unhappy?

I'm new to Celebrity but i definitely have things i loved from my first cruise on celebrity in june! (my favorite one i've taken!)

The ice cream! hot fudge...yesssss

The service: How when i used my coke card and asked for diet coke everynight they started bringing me 2 at a time! =]

No announcements!

Escargot - i'd never had it and loved it!

can you say chocolate? :D

The itenerary is always the best out of any cruise i look at

How all of the staff seems delighted to see you and will go out of their way to do something great for you.

when they have wet towels and water when you get onto the ship after a hot port

I felt like i could actually move on the ship because it didn't seem as crowded as past cruises.

the spa pool.

there are more but it's hard to list everything!

Great thread! Read the whole thing and was so anxious to mention afternoon tea and those wonderful little sandwich buns but somebody beat me to it! I cruised The Century about four years ago and my husband and I will be cruising The Constellation for Christmas/New Years. I don't remember seeing a goat cheese souffle on the menu. Is it still being offered? Please say yes!

Taking a nice dip in the thalassotherapy pool before dinner. Now that's a nice memory I have of The Century!

Cathy

Great thread! Read the whole thing and was so anxious to mention afternoon tea and those wonderful little sandwich buns but somebody beat me to it! I cruised The Century about four years ago and my husband and I will be cruising The Constellation for Christmas/New Years. I don't remember seeing a goat cheese souffle on the menu. Is it still being offered? Please say yes!

Taking a nice dip in the thalassotherapy pool before dinner. Now that's a nice memory I have of The Century!

Cathy

Cathy,:) the Goat Cheese Souffle is served in the Specialty

Restaurant.

I was on Century back in December and had dinner in

Murano's and it was on that menu~it was soooooo good:D

If you are going to Oceanliners, I bet it is still on their

menu too:)

Cathy,:) the Goat Cheese Souffle is served in the Specialty

Restaurant.

I was on Century back in December and had dinner in

Murano's and it was on that menu~it was soooooo good:D

If you are going to Oceanliners, I bet it is still on their

menu too:)

Thank you, Lois. I'm just going to have to check that out!:)

Archived