Air2Sea rebooking - contact?

kac911

Aug 15 we got an email that our Air2Sea flights changed and they would contact us in 7-14 days.  We found the new flights they assigned us on line and they aren’t going to work. After a week my TA called them and they wouldn’t talk to her (she booked the flights) and they told her that they’d call us in 7 business days (that was 8/23). Still nothing. TA has sent emails to prompt them with no reply since she thinks this is crazy. Final payment is next week and I want to know my flight options because now non-air 2Sea flights have gone crazy high so buying on my own is not an option (plus with quarantine rules theirs make more sense).  Does anyone have a good contact for Air2Sea so I don’t get the run around on the regular number.  It’s nearly a month, not the 7-14 days they said.  I was patient but now that I'm at final payment I’m less patient.   

1 hour ago, kac911 said:

Aug 15 we got an email that our Air2Sea flights changed and they would contact us in 7-14 days.  We found the new flights they assigned us on line and they aren’t going to work. After a week my TA called them and they wouldn’t talk to her (she booked the flights) and they told her that they’d call us in 7 business days (that was 8/23). Still nothing. TA has sent emails to prompt them with no reply since she thinks this is crazy. Final payment is next week and I want to know my flight options because now non-air 2Sea flights have gone crazy high so buying on my own is not an option (plus with quarantine rules theirs make more sense).  Does anyone have a good contact for Air2Sea so I don’t get the run around on the regular number.  It’s nearly a month, not the 7-14 days they said.  I was patient but now that I'm at final payment I’m less patient.   

Did you ever consider calling the airlines direct since they are the ones that changed it? We had that happen a couple of years ago. We checked the flights, on the chosen airline (American), for that day we had booked  and called them and they changed us to one that worked, at no extra charge though prices have risen dramatically.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in a similar boat, so to speak...though, for us, our cruise is still 10 and a half months away...

Since we know airfares tend to rise and flights fill up, we like to make our reservations 11 months early, when the flights first show up on the schedule...We also know that airlines tend to change their schedules often and often do things to mess with your flights.   For our recent Apex Greece trip, they canceled our 9:00 am flight out of LAX and put us on a 6:00 am flight--meaning we had to leave home at 3:00 am to get to the airport.  Once Air Berlin changed our flights home from Rome resulting in the new flights scheduled to arrive in Frankfurt and hour and a half AFTER our connecting flight departed!  And, by the time we got that change, the only alternative was to leave Rome a day later (there is worse one could do than spend an extra night in Rome).

But, here is what we have going on right now with Air2Sea:

We received an email from them on September 5--14 days ago--whih informed us in vague terms that one of our flights has been canceled by the airline.  The Email says, in part:

"Unfortunately, airlines occasionally adjust flight schedules for operational reasons. We are currently assisting in rescheduling your travel plans and will be reaching out to you via phone or email as follows:

• Within 48 hours if you are traveling within 30 days.
  • Within 7 days if you are traveling within 60 days.
  • Within 7 – 14 days if you are traveling in 60 days or more."

So, since our cruise is over 60 days out, one would expect that we would have heard from Air2Sea by TODAY.  Of course, we haven't.  I called...and the agent insisted, first, that it is 7-14 BUSINESS DAYS.  Of course, as anyone can plainly see, it does NOT specify business days.  If one writes a contract with a time frame in business days, one usually sticks to 5, 10, 15, etc--multiples of five.  7 and 14 are generally used for actual days--being multiples of weeks.As a long time corporate transactional attorney, I can tell you that no court of law would ever interpret this language a s"14 business days".

So, here we are two weeks after my flight was canceled.  I've checked my reservations on the Choice Air (Air2Sea) website...and it shows me with both legs getting TO the cruise...and only the second leg after--somehow magically moving us from Barcelona to Copenhagen without a flight.  Plugging in my requirements into the choiceair.com site today produces only flights with fares increased by $720 per person and more...and, laughably, many of those options still show the canceled flight.

When I go to the website of the airline which canceled the flight and input the parameters of the flight, instead of what I booked--a flight with one change and taking 7 hours--all of the current options involve 2 changes and 22 or more hours with layovers of at least 7-10 hours in one of the stops with the shortest being an arrival at 11:00 pm with the next flight at 6:00 am (imagin the choice of either sleeping in a terminal somewhere...or...having a flight arrive at 11, getting off the plane and to a hotel, checking in and getting just a few hours of "sleep" only to get up before the crack of dawn to return to the airport for that 6:00 am second of three legs!).

Yes, there are other airlines that can do the trip with one change in under 8 hours...but those fares are rising while Air2Sea does nothing...

So, I am waiting around now until Thursday (maybe--that's 14 "business days") for Air2Sea to present me with "options"...BTW, no one at Air2Sea has confirmed to me that those options will be REASONABLE or at the booked price.  For all I know, the options they will give me are three legs and 26 hours OR a different airline at $1704 (or more) pp--rather than the $984 I originally booked at.  The agent kept telling me that the airline, NOT Air2Sea, did this to me...and they are only there to TRY to help me.

And, assuming all airlines cancel flights--and it could be at any time--does that mean that all Air2Sea bookings are WORTHLESS?

Just another quick note--when the airline to Athens changed our flights to 6:00 am, there were other airlines with more convenient flight options, but ChoiceAir/Air2Sea told me that, since they had ticketed us on AA, we could ONLY switch to another AA flight.  That does not bode well for this one.