Apex Sky Suite Bathtubs

BarbaraB2

I am interested in booking a Sky Suite but have concerns about the safety of the bathtub. My husband has had double knee replacements and doesn’t have the flexibility he once had. Stepping in and out of a tub could potentially be difficult unless there is a bar there to give support.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced it first hand. Obviously, we could book a veranda cabin with a walk in shower but I was looking forward to a suite.

Thank you!

Barbara

Here is a screen shot from a video showing the bathroom of a sky suite.  It doesn't look like one has to raise their foot to high to get over the rim of the bathtub/shower combination.  However, I think I've heard some reviewers mentioning stepping "down into the tub".  If the floor of the tub is lower than the floor of the bathroom, then one would need to raise their leg significantly more getting out of the tub then getting in.  

I'll be staying in one of these next month so I'll have 1st hand experience afterwards.

image.thumb.png.55e7c67ba1b293d4409dfb46c6aca765.png

Some Sky Suite bath pictures show tubs with grab bars nearby, others do not.

I will be in one for the first time in a few weeks and need to be extra careful to avoid falls ( I have thin bones that break easily).  But I love tubs.  So I will be bringing both a rubber mat ( to enhance traction on the slippery bathtub floor while getting out, in case they do not have a rubber mat) and also portable stick-on detachable grab handles similar to these:

https://www.amazon.com/Changing-Lifestyles-Safe-er-Grip-Shower-Handle/dp/B000S8O9ME/ref=psdc_344743011_t1_B08PV9SXL3

A few years ago I got some like this for my tub and tub wall at home, after an illness that led to difficulty getting out of a tub and diminished quad strength, and when I stuck those on, combined with the rubber mat ( and at bad times support from a spouse) they provided enough extra confidence to safely get me up and over.  But you cannot put the entire weight on, and have to have a good stick-on seal and a smooth surface to stick them on. I would try them out in a tub area at home first.

In the picture in  post #2, I would put it on the smooth far wall if only using the tub for showering, and another one on the tub wall if bathing.