Encore 9/11

Wink87

I'm on board but hadn't planned any kind of live review. I am happy to answer any questions you might have but have limited WiFi and not getting on too frequently. 
So with that I will give a couple of personal observations.  Testing was a breeze. Both Marriott and the convention center were open. We finished that but still had to wait about 1/2 hour until they started boarding. Quite a few masked up yesterday but not so much today. I can't get the ncl app to work for onboard texting and calling despite a couple visits to guest services. Looks like kinky boots is a go this week - we have a reservation for Wednesday. Haven't seen anything on Choir of man so assuming it is still a no go. 

That's all for now. Gotta go have some more fun!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brickwood said:

I'm on board but hadn't planned any kind of live review. I am happy to answer any questions you might have but have limited WiFi and not getting on too frequently. 
So with that I will give a couple of personal observations.  Testing was a breeze. Both Marriott and the convention center were open. We finished that but still had to wait about 1/2 hour until they started boarding. Quite a few masked up yesterday but not so much today. I can't get the ncl app to work for onboard texting and calling despite a couple visits to guest services. Looks like kinky boots is a go this week - we have a reservation for Wednesday. Haven't seen anything on Choir of man so assuming it is still a no go. 

Fabulous about Kinky boots! Sure hope Choir of Man is good to go when we board on the 25th. Which covid testing location is closest to luggage drop off? Hubby is disabled so I want the closest one. Looking forward to anything you post! I look at the bridge cam several times a day. Like like you had a little overcast but rather smooth seas today. Nice!

1 hour ago, Brickwood said:

jelly about you getting to see kinky boots (I was on 9/4) but so excited for you as well. you will have to enjoy it extra for those of us who didn't get to see it!

14 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Fabulous about Kinky boots! Sure hope Choir of Man is good to go when we board on the 25th. Which covid testing location is closest to luggage drop off? Hubby is disabled so I want the closest one. Looking forward to anything you post! I look at the bridge cam several times a day. Like like you had a little overcast but rather smooth seas today. Nice!

Testing hasn’t been in the same two places for two weeks in a row, as of yet. You will have to wait until you get there and they will direct you to the best place for your hubby.

1 hour ago, Cruiser021421 said:

Testing hasn’t been in the same two places for two weeks in a row, as of yet. You will have to wait until you get there and they will direct you to the best place for your hubby.

TY!

• Like 1

Also on board this week. Kinky boots Wednesday and Thursday(early show only) The choir of men is not on our schedule but the signage all says to book them so that was plan. Hopefully they get better soon. 
Entertainment has been dull compared to

many other cruises. Smaller capacity may be partly to blame as crowds are so-so for shows. 

The had a comedic magician on Saturday night  and he will  be back Tuesday 

Beetles tribute Sunday night 

We are in port late tonight looks like we won’t dock till 3-3:3o instead of 1,  but they will have another comedian in theater

A vocalist will be either today or

tomorrow for one of the theater shows

Hope that helps

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree with above. For testing just drop your luggage and find the nearest ncl staff to help. I may have seen something nearer the luggage drop for disabled testing

Enjoyed our dinner at Q last night and the Beatles tribute. The ship decor is lovely. Had a daily in our room when we came back. They may be trying to discontinue the paper but it is so much handier than the app. SIL said there was someone near guest services walking about asking if you wanted paper copies in your stateroom

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leumas said:

Also on board this week. Kinky boots Wednesday and Thursday(early show only) The choir of men is not on our schedule but the signage all says to book them so that was plan. Hopefully they get better soon. 
Entertainment has been dull compared to

many other cruises. Smaller capacity may be partly to blame as crowds are so-so for shows. 

The had a comedic magician on Saturday night  and he will  be back Tuesday 

Beetles tribute Sunday night 

We are in port late tonight looks like we won’t dock till 3-3:3o instead of 1,  but they will have another comedian in theater

A vocalist will be either today or

tomorrow for one of the theater shows

Hope that helps

TY for your post. Any info is a joy!  Can't wait to get on board on the 25th!

10 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

Agree with above. For testing just drop your luggage and find the nearest ncl staff to help. I may have seen something nearer the luggage drop for disabled testing

Enjoyed our dinner at Q last night and the Beatles tribute. The ship decor is lovely. Had a daily in our room when we came back. They may be trying to discontinue the paper but it is so much handier than the app. SIL said there was someone near guest services walking about asking if you wanted paper copies in your stateroom

TY for this info. I am old school and want a paper daily. I love getting it the night before and using a hilighter to mark my interests for the next day.

• Like 2

On board also this week also.  Beautiful ship. Superb service. Odd but enjoyable that there are no lines. Testing and boarding a breeze. The comic magician Saturday was ok, lots of open seats. Beatles tribute last night very good and theater nearly full. Ocean Blue Saturday was excellent with stellar service as was Onda last night.  Saturday lunch in Savor was just ok, but again the service level is outstanding. Breakfast in Savor yesterday was very good, again such wonderful service. Looks like it will be rainy today in ISP,  but no excursion planned so will wait for the crowds to get off, then go for the gondola ride, maybe shuttle from there into Hoonah, walk back if weather permits. Just so glad to be at sea again!  

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Dejlig Ko said:

On board also this week also.  Beautiful ship. Superb service. Odd but enjoyable that there are no lines. Testing and boarding a breeze. The comic magician Saturday was ok, lots of open seats. Beatles tribute last night very good and theater nearly full. Ocean Blue Saturday was excellent with stellar service as was Onda last night.  Saturday lunch in Savor was just ok, but again the service level is outstanding. Breakfast in Savor yesterday was very good, again such wonderful service. Looks like it will be rainy today in ISP,  but no excursion planned so will wait for the crowds to get off, then go for the gondola ride, maybe shuttle from there into Hoonah, walk back if weather permits. Just so glad to be at sea again!  

TY for posting. Love your attitude!!!

17 hours ago, Wink87 said:

There is a covid testing location right by luggage drop off for disabled.

Weather turned out great this afternoon.  We got in earlier than they had advertised - about 2:30 I think. Was bummed that the gondola wasn't running though. Took the tram to Hoonah and explored a bit

I asked one of the officers I ran in to how many guests this week and was told 2,228. Someone else was told slightly more but still under 2300. 

Having a fabulous time!

19 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

Weather turned out great this afternoon.  We got in earlier than they had advertised - about 2:30 I think. Was bummed that the gondola wasn't running though. Took the tram to Hoonah and explored a bit

I asked one of the officers I ran in to how many guests this week and was told 2,228. Someone else was told slightly more but still under 2300. 

Having a fabulous time!

Did NCL provide another means of transportation since the gondola was not working? 

No rain all day.
Saw a few whales during day heading in

Our guide was very excited that we brought the sun with us. 
I’m adding a couple pics. I’m not professional so don’t judge. 
Look close in the one pic and you can see the ship docked. 
Water is smooth today. Looking forward to glacier bay. 

76C540A2-0CB5-4AE6-9BAB-BACDA361701D.jpeg

0B7B302C-AD3E-41E2-8907-D230A67C2BAC.jpeg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, leumas said:

No rain all day.
Saw a few whales during day heading in

Our guide was very excited that we brought the sun with us. 
I’m adding a couple pics. I’m not professional so don’t judge. 
Look close in the one pic and you can see the ship docked. 
Water is smooth today. Looking forward to glacier bay. 

76C540A2-0CB5-4AE6-9BAB-BACDA361701D.jpeg

0B7B302C-AD3E-41E2-8907-D230A67C2BAC.jpeg

Beautiful pics!