Best Aft Deck/Cabin on the Encore

Sara&Mike

We are a party of 2 looking to book an Aft facing cabin on the Encore this winter.  I have seen other posts about the best aft cabins on other ships but was hoping someone has specific knowledge for the Encore.  We just canceled our Joy Haven Thanksgiving 2021 cruise because we have kids under 12 so were looking to book something this winter for just the adults to fill the void 🙂 However, the Haven is now out of our price range on all sailings.  I thought an aft facing balcony room would be a nice change of pace.  I am also hoping to get Vibe passes and heard that Encore has the most passes as the space is larger.  Thanks for your help in advance.

We were on the Encore in August in Aft Facing #9324.  The balcony was very deep, but being just one deck above the Waterfront and in the middle the view straight down was blocked by the overhang (first picture).  I would suggest booking something on a higher deck and/or more to the sides.  You don't really need a super deep balcony being that they only give you the standard chairs. Also we felt a significant amount of engine vibration whenever the ship was going around 20 knots.

We had a lovely aft facing cabin (#9978) on the Joy with two loungers!  Still was slightly obstructed by the Waterfront overhang (second pic), but not as much.  Even though on the same deck as the Encore, we don't recall much engine vibration at all.

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_1696.JPG

• Like 1

I was onboard 8/28-9/4 in cabin 9920. We had one lounger, 2 chairs that reclined all the way down and a small table. Plenty of room for all it was very deep. We were the first cabin over from the starboard suite, so had a nice down to the prop line. 9920 has the bed by the balcony, which was nice for getting in closet and walking into an open space. I’ve attached both photos of room and balcony. 

33725230-4B3A-4331-86AD-0BFBB0214DFC.jpeg

4574432A-18AF-4848-9659-3DA4506EFF77.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Deck 12 on Encore has balconies almost as big as Deck 9.   Room for two loungers and two chairs.  Loved our Deck 12 Aft Balcony!

We were on deck 12 corner aft and the balcony was huge. Loved it.

8 hours ago, rockymtn2 said:

We were on the Encore in August in Aft Facing #9324.  The balcony was very deep, but being just one deck above the Waterfront and in the middle the view straight down was blocked by the overhang (first picture).  I would suggest booking something on a higher deck and/or more to the sides.  You don't really need a super deep balcony being that they only give you the standard chairs. Also we felt a significant amount of engine vibration whenever the ship was going around 20 knots.

We had a lovely aft facing cabin (#9978) on the Joy with two loungers!  Still was slightly obstructed by the Waterfront overhang (second pic), but not as much.  Even though on the same deck as the Encore, we don't recall much engine vibration at all.

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_1696.JPG

Thank you for the pictures and info on the vibrations…very helpful!

1 hour ago, alynnoli said:

I was onboard 8/28-9/4 in cabin 9920. We had one lounger, 2 chairs that reclined all the way down and a small table. Plenty of room for all it was very deep. We were the first cabin over from the starboard suite, so had a nice down to the prop line. 9920 has the bed by the balcony, which was nice for getting in closet and walking into an open space. I’ve attached both photos of room and balcony. 

33725230-4B3A-4331-86AD-0BFBB0214DFC.jpeg

4574432A-18AF-4848-9659-3DA4506EFF77.jpeg

Wow!  I like this setup as well.  Thanks for the pictures!  I appreciate it ☀️☀️

• 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

Great advice and pictures! I know this is an old thread, but it’s right on target with the information we’re looking for regarding aft-facing cabins on the Encore. I have just one question. Is the bathroom, to include the walk-in shower, as small as it looks?

IMG_3741.thumb.jpeg.48b1d0cbbd13cf5c91e1c74f99df639c.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Here's Bliss but the size is the same. 

Thanks!! That’s exactly what we needed to see!! Now it’s time to go book one on the 22-day Panama Canal cruise we’re looking at! 😁

• Like 1